Thursday, December 13, 2012

Candle Light All Day

I don't often make a card with just die cuts, but this one came out pretty ok if you ask me. You can't see it here very well but the background behind the candles is this sparklely silver-blue paper I picked up at Michaels.  And the dimensional candles are this fun die-

Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dee's Distinctively - Die - Candle Set
 I sprayed the bases of the candles with 1 coat of yellow and then did the drippy wax part with yellow, orange and silver to give that real melted waxy look. The flames are silver Stickles.
I die cut the red card stock and stamped the words in gold since it was too plain without them (Paper Smooches).
And I love the little embossed and inked bow of greenery from this Sizzix set.
Sizzix Framelits Die Set 4PK w/Textured Impressions - Ornament Set #2 by Rachael Bright

Don't know about you but I use a lot of candles at home this time of year-
I especially love this battery operated remote control ones I put up on my mantle-
it is SOOOOOO dark all the time it seems.
Just another week or so and we'll start to go back the other way-
but why does it seem to take so long to get back to days when it is light to 5:30 or 6 when it seems to take no time at all to get to these super short days?
Guess the answer to that is all on your perspective.
Happy Thursday!
Stop back soon. 

1 comment:

Carolyn Dube said...

More than ok! I love all your layers- and the way you captured the melty wax look!