Saturday, December 15, 2012

No Bah Humbugging

This card highlights one of the stamps from a really fun holiday set.

Stampworkz - Sheena Rubber Stamp - As Scene on Screen - Bah! Humbug! 2 - by Sheena Douglass
This is the set-Stampworkx by Sheena Douglas. I picked it up at Frantic Stamper; here's the link

I started by embossing this fun diagonal stripe onto white card stock. The stamp for this was a Backgrounder from the former Cornish Heritage Farms. Not sure if the new Cornish Heritage Farms has yet made this stamp.
I layered some paper on this, added the stamped and colored doorway, and then added a glittering die cut star. Love these star-it is a Sizzix die. Added some red Viva paint-pen berries on the wreath, and punched out the circle-gave it some red and sparklely spray ink, and then stamped the words.
No Bah Humbugging here though. Tonight is my department Christmas party at my co-worker's Deb's house, should be a blast. I need to make a pot of chili, since it is a pot luck affair, and I want to bake some cookies. Love the fact that other than the party tonight I have a very open weekend. Yahoo!!!

Really sad about that school shooting yesterday though. Breaks my heart. Those poor families....and those poor children....
Makes me too sad at this festive time of year.
My prayers go out to everyone touched by that tragedy.

Went to see the Hobbit last night. Was an unplanned activity but was a good film. Hate waiting for the ending though.
And look what I saw driving down the road yesterday?
The LL Bean boot car.
What a hoot!
Enjoy your Saturday!



1 comment:

Carolyn Dube said...

I didn't even know there was an LL Bean boot car! What a way to bring a smile to people's faces! Your card has is festive and fun!