Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dream Exotic

I made another journal page using my new favorite stamp 

This multi-colored and large Lotus circle is the image I am loving lately.
This time I not only colored my image, but I gave it a light spray of orange Dylusions inks and did a lot of white pen doodling on it.
 I also used different colors-
last week I used a lot of pink and some orange
And on my new post I really went with thick layered color on the background and a bit of India on the page.
I wasn't really doing anything special when I added a little color to the Taj Mahal but I like how it came out.
I just let myself go you could say.
This new page has a lot of red, orange and some bright blue.
I really like these bold colors.
I really like the textures I got putting on the paint through some Crafter's Workshop stencils.
A bit of black stamped words (Stampa Rosa) and some white dots I made with a white pen to jaz up the background.
It was a lot of fun playing with these exotic Indian stamps-I haven't used them in a very long time.
I even gave this page a title too!
I don't always do that.
And I trimmed out the bottom.
These little mini-elephants are from an ancient stamp I own  but I really like them.
Got to use them a lot more I think.
Got to use these colors more too-especially at this time of year when it is dark and the ground is not exactly full of color...
January calls for these bright burst of bold.
Do you agree?
Glad you spent a few minutes with me.
Have a happy day!








3 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the motif in the middle...the colors speak to me! The images are are so fun...I wanna go there! Gorgeous Eastern pages!!!

Anonymous said...

I do agree about bright colours in winter for sure. As it's summer here in Australia I'm tending towards pastels because it's so bright outside! I really like the jewel colours and those cute little elephants. Such an eastern magical feel, lovely.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Erica!!! x