Thursday, January 24, 2013

Things are Going to the Dogs



Here's a couple of cutie dog cards where I used 2 new (for me at least) Sizzix dies. The top puppy is a card all by itself. I folded my white card stock and then cut the folded cardstock-- I moved the fold of the card  just shy of the cutting edge of the die so when it cut- the tips of the ears didn't cut through and kept the front and back connected. I re-cut the die 2 more times in this fun blue paper and glued them down on the white card base, so you can't even tell the tips of the ears are flatter on the base than they are on the front. I colored the little accessories the die also cuts, and used a Martha Stewart stamp to put the words on the heart.
That guy makes me laugh.
The second card is not a shaped card. I die cut this adorable Scottie dog with white paper and then sprayed it with black Dylusions ink. I love how it gives it this specklely look and makes it a bit more textural that way.
The saying is from Cornish heritage Farm. Both of these are for my daughter at college. I signed the dog's name because he really is missing having her around. These are the perfect cards to do that with.
And I know they will put a smile on her face!
So we are in the DEEP freeze another day! BRRR- it is -4 (Fahrenheit) with a wind chill-cold enough where it feels like your face is going to fall off if you are out for any amount of time, but luckily I can stay in and stay warm. Just running from the car into work or house is enough for me.
Hope your warm and cozy where ever you are.
Come back and visit soon.



No comments: