Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hearts Again!

With tomorrow being Valentine's Day- although in reality I am more excited about it being the middle of February already! Just can't wait for spring!!!!! Anyhow, restart that, with tomorrow being Valentine's Day I have another hearty journal page to show you.
 This time I started by making white hearts with an oil pastel crayon and then spraying my page with pink and red Dylusions. The white pastel acted as a resist and stayed really white. I like that.
I used grey paint and the cloud Crafter's Workshop stencil to make the clouds. I used blue paint and the raindrop Crafter's Workshop stencil to make the rain drops.
You know, when you have a quibble, it is all grey clouds and feel like it is a rainy day.
I painted the big words on there and then outlined them in a white Uniball pen.
The stamped image and saying are from a set from Studio 490- Wendy Vecchi.
I picked up this couples art set because I love some of the saying.
Kind of hard to read, but if you squish up your eyes you can just make out those sayings.
I did think about using the couple image at the bottom, with the man in his chair, but if the hubby ever saw this page he's probably end up getting annoyed with me about it.
So I used the other one.
I like this splattered look here- goes with the upset-
hate fighting with my honey-
hate being the nagging wife.
But sometimes, I just am.
Making this page did help me forgive myself from a little squabble we had.
Have a super day.





2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I know the feeling, sometimes I'm that woman too! Art journal pages are such a nice process for inner growth and forgiving. Thanks for sharing!

Jester said...

A fabulous journal page. I love the vibrant colours and the white hearts.