Saturday, March 30, 2013

Gelli Prints

Last Saturday I told you (and showed you) my new Gelli plate. 
A new toy is always so much fun.
I spent that afternoon making some fun new Gelli prints. Here's a few of the prints I made that day.
Then I used some of my Gelli prints and made some cards.
Here's one. The background is from a piece of the very top photo.
The pink flowers really make the gelli print colors pop more too.
I die cut part of a Gelli print with a Spellbinder's deckle edged die. Then I stamped and watercolor painted these cool flowers from Technique Tuesday. (They are stamped and added twice. The first time a flat set is glued down and then I embossed a second image, cut those out and added them at different heights to give the branch a more 3D realistic look.) Inside the center of the flowers I add some white and silver pen highlights and some clear Viva paint-pen.
I also cut apart some green Prima flowers-those basic ones they made ages ago-which I then used a leaves to really enhance the bouquet.
I embossed the thank you on the card-word by Flourishes Rubber Stamps, and then finally I added a few little Prima metal embellishments on the corners.
Hope you have something planned for today.
See you again soon.

No comments: