Sunday, July 14, 2013

All KInds of Things

On of my latest reads.
Didn't know this was a sequel to a book written 20 years or so ago.
Took me about 100 pages to get into this book and then it pulled together and
it is an enjoyable and different read.
I did order a used copy from Amazon of the first part.
I worked at the lake the other morning. Under the trees was nice.
With the humidity and rain I have been inside with the ac running a lot lately.
It was cloudy but with a few breaks- I love the way you get that reflection on the lake.
It even rained for half an hour-I had to go read in the car.
And Friday Katie and I took a little roadtrip down to Portsmouth to visit the Moffatt Ladd house.
William Whipple married into this family and lived here and he was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.
The inside of the house was pretty cool-
they didn't allow the photos-
but the gardens were gorgeous.






It was fun to spend the day with my daughter. Since she has an architecture minor the guide we had let us see all kinds of things not actually on the tour- the attic, the bathroom.
And yesterday we spent the day out in my husband boat fishing- him and I bplus his sister and her husband.
We spent the day with our line overboard but did not get even 1 nibble.
No fish at all!
Want to name my husband's boat fish repellant.
He doesn't like that though.
But still, we had fun- and tried a new restaurant- The Barn in Dover, NH where I have been wanting to go.
Food was good but the beer list was terrible.

A few photos to show you.


That's what I've been up to (besides some cleaning and arting)
So hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend.





No comments: