Friday, September 27, 2013

Next Version

I have been playing around with the that Smutty Brownie recipe I posted a few weeks back.
I'm sure my newest version is nothing new to all those serious brownie bakers. Seems there are brownie combos  out there in all sorts and forms.
But here's my improvement on the cookie dough, oreo and then brownie layering version.
 http://fat-emma.blogspot.com/2013/09/fast-and-easy-hence-name.html
Here's the link to my earlier post about the original brownies.
(Not that those are bad mind you, just add peanut butter in any form and they get so much better.)
(Thanks Katie for the peanut butter cup suggestion).
Blondie Bar Baking Mix

Start with a box of these blonde brownie bars. Mix in a bowl and then put at the bottom of your greased pan.
Add these mini-peanut cups on top of the blondies.  They're like candy chococlate chips-YUM!

Mini Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Then pour a layer of chocolate brownie mix over the top.










(Like the reduced fat makes any differnce at this point!)
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes ro so. I ended up needing 40 minutes in my own oven, just so that they are baked.  Less if you like gooey, more if you like dryer brownies.
And you get these delicious treats!!!
Of course, I used Trader Joe's products, being a Trader Joe's junkie.  But you can use any brand you want, or make homemade versions even.
Just saying.
But my guess is you've already made something yummy like this unless you're standing mindless out in left field like I often am.
And if you are like me-
standing out in left field that is-
They were so delicious we ate most of them before I got around to snapping a photo-
just one corner left
I hope you enjoy my recipe adjustment.
Let me know,
OK?
I am going to make another batch and send 3/4 back to college with Katie, just so I don't eat them all!
So glad it is Friday.
Do you have any plans for this weekend?
Me, I am going to (hopefully) make an apple pie and  also make that  pan of these
brownies.
Who knows what else or what I will end up doing.
Thanks for visiting my blog.



No comments: