Friday, November 22, 2013

Art Journal Pages-Using Freebies

Made this bright busy background using Dylusions ink and stencils and then decided it needed something. I've been using  cut out photos in several pages lately- love them! They all come from a Rick Steves travel brochure that somehow arrived in my mailbox.  Feel like I am being green while creating and that's a great thing in my mind. This guy in the photo was actually making pasta but I added the punched out circles- like bubbles.
Ha-ha.
And this page wasn't suppose to have so much writing on it, but once I started,
I just couldn't stop. You can see I swirled and curled and just kept going wherever my pen ended up. The big tissue word is from some tissue in a Teva shoe box. (more me being green!!!!) I added the man cut out (I cut him from a sheet of old photos made for arty projects that I picked up on a discount table for 10 cents) and some silver music stickers that came as a freebie awhile back in a scrap order. Might as well use them up.Love using these free things in my art. Not only free, but so ecologically conscience.
That's my post for today.
Thanks for visiting me.


4 comments:

Jennifer Tough said...

Love the big beefy guy throwing around thought bubbles. Awesome page!

Tracy said...

It's always fun to use up those things that are lying around, that you've kept for some reason. Fun pages :)

AM Zafaran said...

I really liked the fun journal page you created! Love the floating thought bubbles and also the stories page!

Nancy B said...

I love how that guy takes charge of his own word bubbles! So creative and fun! I love all that writing on your other page too.