Monday, November 25, 2013

Holiday Journal

I start my holiday journal this week. Kind of a December Daily but with my own twist. To me, the holidays start at Thanksgiving not December 1, so my journal starts with Thanksgiving and goes through the start of the new year. I actually cheat and start mine the day before Thanksgiving, just because I am off from school and its the start of my holiday weekend, so why not?
So here's my inner title page (I like to make my book really book like.) 
One thing is missing on this page- I added in a written word MOSTLY right about the December.
So the old photo of the ladies with the sled is from some art photos (Retro Christmas) by Tweety Jill Designs.  Tag next to it is stamped with an image from an Inkadinkado set I bought last year-and never even opened- but now I have used it several times already. Number stickers and little tin pin are from October Afternoon.
Stamp Francisco stamped imaged (This Christmas saying) and sprayed  background using a stencil I picked up at Michael's by Heidi Swapp.
And the thick December. I picked up this cheap placemat last year at a Crate and Barrel outlet last year, with lots of holiday words, and I just snipped it off. Love using things like that in my journals. It has other words too, like joy and peace and merry Christmas and Noel. Awesome.

I showed you this before but here it is again, my book cover (not a very good photo at all). This years holiday journal is made by emptying out an old book, decorating the cover and then I'll sew in some signatures. Last year I actually altered an old book, and the year before I made my journal in a 3 ring binder.
Got to shake it up, I say.
I'll show lots more snippets from my journal as I get pages made.
Until then,
or actually until tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Sooo fun! I am doing this too. I LOVE the holidays!!!!

Nancy B said...

Lovely Holiday journal!