Thursday, May 22, 2014

Graduation-This Time Some Cards

Since this week has had a few posts about my daughter's graduation, I thought I'd show you a couple of shaker cards I made for both her graduation and my niece's high school graduation. Might as well continue with a popular seasonal theme, right?  This top one is Katie's card. I made the shaker a little smaller. I stenciled the background with blue paint and a star (Memory Box) stencil. I filled the shaker with some confetti I made using a couple of dies I recently bought made by My Favorite Things.


Thought it made the card more fun and festive.
 My niece is also graduating in early June from high school. I made her shaker a lot bigger-using an acetate overlay. 
But other than that I used most of the same supplies for both cards. They really look different though. It is a lot of fun to see what you can create using the same supplies, don't you think?
I also made the cards to match school colors. I like that personal touch.
My daughter's card at the top is a little more detailed but I'm otherwise happy with both of these graduation cards.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: