Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Fabric

I love fabric. Something about the colors and patterns and textures and all the things you can make with it that attracts me. A big box with scraps-now that gets ideas flowing through my brain. Whether I'll find time to follow through on those ideas is another story. Some day!
 But here's a journal page I made using some of those scraps. 
What I am really happy about is the page background. I think it looks like fabric but it is really just watercolor paper and a die cut scrap. I used some Dylusions pomegranate spray ink and then moved the scrap stencil around the page while I sprayed which not only created the flower but dark and light areas on the page. This dark light background areas make me think of Batik fabric. Perfect for my fabric crescents and butterfly  and a page all about fabric.
See you again soon I hope.

1 comment:

Bindu said...

The fabric crescents are lovely. The spraying made the background paper the beautiful look. I love it. The white heart is giving it the love. You have a lot of imagination. Good work!