I used to embroider a lot. And I have a project I wanted my threads for, and so I went to dig them out from storage in a spare dresser. And look what I found when I went into that bureau drawer.
This was like being a kid on Christmas. I knew I had some of those googlely eye things someplace. And sequins...and other baubles I kind of forgot about. Glad I found them!
So yesterday we were having a pretty low key Sunday, and I decided hang out for a while in the studio. Working a bit on some canvases and journal pages and making a couple of cards to send off to my mom in the next few weeks.
Putting some of those sequins to good use.
(stamps-Hero Arts background, Flourishes flowers and saying)
I also used this Little B die cut to make the background piece and surprised myself but turning the die 45 degrees so instead of the points being on the north/south.east/west axis, the little indents were at these point.
Wow. I do like this.
(stamp Inkadinkado, die cuts Spellbinders)
I used some Dylusions spray inks in water brushes to make the background- lots of scribbling-and then I rubbed some mango ink over that to tone down the brightness a bit. Lots of die cut images-this time sprayed with Dylusion's or colored with Copics, and then for the center background I die cut a piece out of an old phone book.
I think both of these cards pop a little bit with those newly discovered sequins.
I know I'll be using them on some other projects too since they are a lot of fun!
Have a great day and stop by again soon.