Monday, October 27, 2014

Carmen Miranda

This is a card that looks much better in person than it does in my photo. The background looks a little flat to me here, but not so much in person. You can just barely make out on the right the skeleton which I "embossed" with some pearl white Pan Pastels. Those little guys are all over the background, but the light didn't quite catch them on the edges elsewhere so the one you can see just looks like a big smudge.
Oh well!
The light didn't catch the sparklely eyes and teeth and nose area of this skull either.
Well I really like my skull and its headpiece.
Wrapping up this spooky week showing you a few Halloween items I made but never posted. Today I have this Mexican Day of the Dead styled card. So I used this skull die cut (Frantic Stamper) with some flower doodles I added. Then I used some of the images from a Dylusions stamp set to make the Carmen Miranda style headpiece.
I like this set. The images are pretty fun, great for coloring and easy to cut out-though I will admit I really wanted the cherry stamp. 
So this past weekend BUZZED right by; it went way too fast.  And now it is the last week of the first quarter at school. And the last week of October. Where is the time going to?
Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: