Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A New Culinary Adventure and a Christmas Card

So I went to Costco the other day and found this cookbook that looked interesting.
I am not too familiar with a lot of Lebanese and Middle eastern foods. I love falafel and hummus and I've had Lebanese food a bit (one of my childhood friends was part Lebanese), but a lot of these recipes look and sound so delicious. My plan is to start doing a bit of experimenting with some of them once we get past Thanksgiving.
I'll let you know how that goes once I start.
Also thought I'd show you this Christmas card I made awhile back.
I embossed the Christmas tree.  I think this is a fun rubber stamp from Hero Arts. The squirrels are die cuts, and I first stamped  the pink card base in black with an older Hero Arts snowflake background stamp. I wanted to just break up the solid pink of that card stock.
So I only have to work 2 days this week. Tomorrow I am off (BIG SMILE) and will also be off right through the end of the weekend. This is one of the reason's I love Thanksgiving!
I plan on doing a few little things but mostly I plan on being low key and lazy! Reading my book, making some art, watching season 2 of Last Tango in Halifax, sleeping in. I hope I can do all of those things!
If you are here in the US or celebrate Thanksgiving, what are you going to be up to?




2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE how you did the tree on this card! Good luck with the cooking as well! Happy Thanksgiving!

Giggles said...

Oh this is an adorable card!! Good job! I am going to look into the last tango in Halifax...sounds interesting!!

Hugs Giggles