Friday, November 21, 2014

An Elf and Golden Deer

Yahoo! It is Friday. I've had a crazy busy week and am really ready for the weekend!
I showed you this page awhile back.  I did a bunch of stenciling and spray painting and then didn't know how to finish off the page.
This past weekend I did some magazine cutting and some die cutting and finished it off in a rather silly way.
Been trying to push the envelope a bit lately. Try new things. Do something I wouldn't usually do. 
I think page is a good example of that for me. 
But I must admit it is really fun to push that envelope. Trying new color combinations. New layerings of stencils. Saying what the heck and just trying it. 
I also like the double take view on this page. By flipping the stencil  and having slightly different base painting I got 2 different views. 
Something good to know about this stencil...and true for other stencils that are similar.
And pulling out a very old stamp from Postmodern Design was fun. If you've been stamping awhile, remember all the great quotes you used to be able to buy? Wordsworth? Postmodern Design? Even Penny Black used to have all those big and awesome quotes. I love quote stamps, but now a days you just can't find them the same way. There's a lot of great card quote stamps, but not so many big quotes-just plain quotes, There's still some, Oh well, trends came and go and  probably better for me because it takes away the temptation to buy them.
Ha-ha!
So any plans for the weekend? I'm going to hockey game tomorrow night and hopefully having some relaxing down time the rest of the weekend. Ready to play and sleep in and just not have to function on a schedule.  Between my busy week and the colder and even a bit snowy weather this past week, my brain is telling me its time to hibernate, but I am not ready (or able) to do that yet.
 Glad you stopped by and wishing you a great weekend!



13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I like the result, and it is always good to push ourselves and try new things. Hugs, Valerie

Faye said...

Erika, this is beautiful with the gorgeous colors you've used on the stenciling. You were very creative to get this lovely effect, besides, it looks like it was such fun to do.

Linda Kunsman said...

Love how you finished your page! Great way to use the stencil. I too love those big quote stamps-and from the companies you mentioned and more. I own LOTS but you're right-not easy to find the bold and large ones. We're going to yet another Celtic Thunder concert this weekend and I cannot wait! Enjoy your relaxing weekend!

Unknown said...

I really like it and don't think has been finished in a silly way at all!

Carol said...

I really like it Erika! I have started trying new methods and mediums and pushing the envelope too. I don't usually move out of my comfort zone but have decided I need to at least try... who knows... I may just find a new comfort zone :)

Jo said...

very cool! I love the colors and the stenciling.

Sirkka said...

I like your intention to make something new and different and the result is so beautiful! I would need to do something outside my comfort area too. Enjoy your weekend!

A'n'G Johnson said...

These prints are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I love the color world and the many layers, great composition.

Have a relaxing weekend!

Lorraine said...

excellent layering unusual and love the colours

Giggles said...

I love the results of your experimentation....it's really beautiful! Such a wonderful affect you got!! Very inspirational!

Hugs Giggles

sheila 77 said...

I like it too, and don't think it is silly at all, you've brought the whole picture together.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I like how you finished the page ~ nothin' silly about it!