Monday, November 17, 2014

Snow Scene

Been having a little fun making some holiday cards. Must say the Christmas spirit has hit me early this year! I also only have limited play time lately so making cards is a 
fun ways to do a bunch of different things in the time I have.
(Although I must admit, yesterday I had hours of studio play time. It was fantastic!)
This card is quite complex for me. A die cut tree that is decorated, a stamped bear and  some birch trees (Lawn Fawn) along with a little banner from October Afternoon are things I used to make this card. And I love using Martha Stewart's sparkle paste. Looks pretty snow like to me!
And I just discovered Zig's Wink of Stella pens. The silver is my favorite. I used it to outline the background shape. I also used some blue iridescent blue ink to stamp some snowflakes on the background. 
Boy did the past weekend fly by, but it was a low key and fun one for me. I really needed that, and only one more week to get through before we hit Thanksgiving week! Can't wait for the long holiday weekend...I do love how Thanksgiving is a fairly low key holiday.
So woke up to a little light snow this morning...come on Mother Nature, it is NOT even Thanksgiving yet!
That's all today for me. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

Such a beautiful card! The little bear is so cute.

Kristin said...

You had me at sparkle! Such a wonderful card xo