Friday, November 7, 2014

The Owl Has Landed

Happy Friday everyone!
I made a lot of progress on my owl painting this week.  Still not quite happy with the eyes. They need something to make the owl pop with life, and they still look a little flat.
But otherwise I think I need to stop nit picking and call it finished.
I am happy with the results.
Quite a difference from the views I've been showing you for the last few weeks.
(Hope you haven't tired of my taking forever to finish a piece.)
An although my art time has been too limited lately (and driving me nuts too)- I did manage to find some time the other evening after work. I spent a bunch of time cutting up a FLOW magazine I ended up with a second copy of (ugh!) and boy was that relaxing. Not my usual style. So who knew just cutting and gluing could be so therapeutic? 
Anyhow, I picked one of my finished backgrounds, used some Glue and Seal to attach these images, and then painted some flowers and leaves. Nothing too complex or fancy, a fairly quick journal page.
And finally-
here's another of my crafty projects this week. We are having spirit week at the school I teach at, with different dress up days. For twin day, most of us in the department decided to spell out our school mascot and school initials as  periodic table boxes on the back of black T-shirts.
Guess who engineered out how to make the boxes and fabric painted them?
The shirts were not my idea, but my co-worker had a great one! Kids all day were trying to figure out what all the lettered spelled on our backs. When teenagers notice this, you know you were a success!
So this week I have also been watching Death Comes to Pemberly.  Have you seen it? The mini-series of the PD James novel by the same name.  Don't tell me how it ends because I haven't finish it yet but I am loving it. Its a good change from the type of shows we usually watch and I think its time I get back into more serious well done films a bit more often.
Have you seen the show Last Tango in Halifax? Its been popping up all over blog-land lately and I am curious about it. Maybe next week when I home recouping from some oral surgery  I should lounge on the couch and check it out.

Linking this to Paint Party Friday, and I am going to try hard to find some time to check out some more links this week, Got busy last week traveling and I didn't make it to very many. Thanks to those you who stopped by and left comments!


8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the owl. Today I bought myself a winter scarf with owls, but your owl is more lovely I have read the PD James book, but not seen the series - enjoy! Valerie

sheila 77 said...

Love little owl finished, I think he is wearing sunglasses because he is out during the day.
Love your "cut-up-magazine" page, very successful, I must have a go at this.

Faye said...

Nice owl! Can you make the little white dot in the eye a little more dominant? I think that would make the eyes pop!

Marji said...

The pages are great - and the shirts is just a fab idea and they turned out beautifully!

Unknown said...

Oh! The owl! Too cute:)

Christine said...

Your owl is so cute!

Giggles said...

Adorable owl..and LOVE the collage!! The shirts are awesome too! All the best on your oral surgery!

Hugs Giggles

Carola Bartz said...

Your little owl is adorable! I think a little white dot in the eyes might do the trick!
My teenage daughter watches Death come to Pemberly and loves it! I actually enjoy the mystery novels by PD James very much.