Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Holiday Journal

So I thought a lot about whether to do a holiday journal this year. I love having them once the holiday is over, but then on the other hand, they take up a lot of time commitment to make. No matter how you look at it, if you're working on the journal you aren't doing something else. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, especially when your a Christmas project junkie like myself, but my studio time is very limited and so I worry my art time might just become the journal and nothing else.
Its also such a busy time and its so easy to get so far behind on the journal it just becomes a catch up project.
But as you can see, I decided to make one. I'm excited and happy and am trying something very different for me.
Anyhow, here is the cover. I am using an album I got last year as part of October Afternoon's Christmas pack (December Story) you could order online.
This are also offering this same pack this year too. No, I'm not paid to advertise for them. Just mentioning. That's all.
I left most of the album cover plain, but did put a little bit of paint down. Then I added washi tape, a die cut snow man (Sizzix), a stamped tree (Penny Lane), some little wooden tress and this cool little plastic deer from Maya Road. Oh yes and some painted dots, sparkly snowflakes and the word die cut from Sizzix. I use this die a lot. Then I sprayed the whole page and rubbed the wet  white spray ink to make it a little grungy in a wintery way.
Show you some pages tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting.






No comments: