Sunday, January 25, 2015

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

Yesterday I had a great afternoon playing in my happy place. Love was in the air-as the old cliche goes.
Thought I'd show you a few of my favorite oldies love stamps. I've amassed quite a collection over the 15 years or so I've been an stamping addict.
I love this lusty couple. This oldie is from Stamp Francisco.
And here's a starry eyed couple from Acey Deucy.
And these 2 hearts faces from Stamp Francisco are always quite adorable.
You know, there are some fantastic new stamps, but there's something rather sweet and fun pulling out your oldies. I can remember some projects I used them for and it inspires me to play.
Is this just me or does that ever happen to you?
I had a bunch of already painted backgrounds. Some nights after work if I make it into the studio I just sit and paint backgrounds. Mushing (maybe not the write verb) paints around on some watercolor paper is relaxing. Plus I don't need to get my tired brain wrapped around some project idea. So then when I am ready to roll I can start right in on these backgrounds.
So on my watercolor background I embossed  some flowers (Christine Adolph/Stampington) and then added a bit of white highlights. The heart is a die cut on pinkish glitter paper. The flowers are die cuts painted with a wet brush and some Silks paint, and the love is a black painted die cut word. All die cuts here are from Sizzix.
So last night I went to a great hockey game! We beat our rival 4-0 in our rival's arena. A shutout against your rival team (its called the Border Wars here) is always so thrilling. The rival team has this tradition of throwing out a dead fish onto the ice when they first score, and since they didn't score, we could say "No Fish Tonight". Ha-ha. I'm still chanting that this morning.
Hope everyone else had a great Saturday and that you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Thanks for visiting.



No comments: