Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Kitchen Inspiration

So this is my winter (or maybe my year) to try out some new baking. Things I've always thought about making but never have made, Trying some new things. and making a few goodies already in my repertoire too.
It just another of my creative sides.
This past weekend I tried a Shaker Lemon Pie, something I've been curious about for quite awhile. To make this pie you slice whole lemons thinly, macerate them in sugar for a day or two, and then mix that in with some whipped eggs.
I loved the lemon and eggs custard that forms, but I can't say the thinly sliced rind thrilled me. Those chewy rind pieces just didn't belong in the smooth lemony filling. Maybe I should have run those lemons through a food processor and totally shredded them to bits. I'm not complaining about the taste though, since it was fun to make and now I know not to make it again.
And that's the whole point of my baking experiments anyhow.
So I made up for it by making a pan of these slutty brownies-which are killer delicious.
This is my life right now this winter, baking and watching Outlander.
Organizing and painting.
Wonder what will inspire me next?

Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments: