Thursday, January 22, 2015

Silly Owls

So quiet morning here in my life. The hubby is away on a business trip, but he'll be home tonight.  I spent last night finishing up the Outlander TV series since I could watch what I wanted all night. I really liked it, and I can't wait to see the new episodes in April.  That's not that long away, right?
Even though January is going by pretty quickly it seems like its been winter for a very long time here in New Hampshire. Maybe our early November snows started this season off much earlier than lots of years.
I was also a bad girl yesterday and went down to my favorite craft store after work. They are having a huge inventory liquidation...hmmmm...not sure what's that all about even though they say they are NOT going out of business. I managed to spend a bit of cash, but I did mostly buy things I had been looking at for awhile or things that I will need to replace in time like gesso. I only bought a couple of spontaneous items. Like that justifies my purchases...ha-ha.
Anyhow everything in the store was 15-75% off. I found some Tim Holtz items-they were all 50% off, and also paints and canvases at 50%. Not too bad. Amazing how a sale can make a store so crowded on a Wednesday afternoon.
So lastly I have this card to show you. It was pretty fun to make. The background is watercolors with some embossed tree trunks (Hero Arts stamp). Then I gave it a light spray of silver Distress sprays. The owls are a Cheery Lynn die and the word is a Frantic stamper die.
I didn't know what to do about the eyes so I add these little googlely eyes, which I think made the card a lot more fun.
So I need to go get ready for work. Teacher wok day today, no kids, and although I have tons to do, it will be a pretty quiet day with no meetings and no classes to manage.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wponderful, what a beautiful card, and the Owlw look so sweet and a little bit funny!! I really love this one!! Thanks for your nice commands for my work on the CB blog!!

Greetings
Maria