Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What To Do During a Blizzard


The hubby and I hung home yesterday while the wind blew and snow fell. He took lots of naps. We both relaxed and watched several movies. Remember Grease with Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta-along with lots of other great actors and actresses? Then we watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and also a new film we hadn't seen before, Einstein & Eddington. I really enjoyed that movie. There was some history, some science and some interesting twists of what I assume were 2 real lives.
I also played in the kitchen.
I simmered up some onions.
Made some croutons.
And we had some tasty French Onion soup for dinner.
Perfect on a night when the snow was still falling and blowing about.
I also baked.  Tried my next new baking project,
Attempted a Crisco crust.
Man I made one UGLY crust.
And I squeezed some lemons, added some sugar and eggs and a bit of butter.
Then I poured it into my partially baked crust and made myself a delicious lemon pie.
Even that ugly crust tasted pretty good.
Definitely not going to get a lot of attention with this photo. Good thing for most of us taste is more important than looks.
I also got a phone call telling me I had another snow day tomorrow-well today.
It is just like an unexpected vacation! (Especially since it is the beginning of the quarter and I really have no work to do.)
Hope you are snow free and having a great day!




No comments: