Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Beach Babe

I made another journal page that I am  linking to Art Journal Journey. I had a lot of fun making this page!
This is the perfect month for a theme of the Sea as it is almost summer. Making these pages is getting me all excited for the beach and boating and all those ocean things. I'm lucky enough to live not too far from the ocean so I get to spend some of my summer enjoying all it has to offer.
I started with a Gelli print with some starfish on it (Stencil Girl). The edges of the page were white so I used some SILKS paints and made what I hoped would look like waves all around the edge. They did color in the white paper but they didn't really look very wave like. So I decided to cut around the edge to give the page the rough scallops. I really like that effect and am going to remember that for some other pages.
Then I collaged the bathing beauty image and some die cut starfish and shells. I also  used some matte medium and attached some deli paper that had been Gelli printed along the edge of the page, and then I added some white paint dots and a fun saying I found in a magazine.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and hope you have a great day!

7 comments:

johanna said...

your Journal page is awesome, erika... thanks for your comment on my blog. you can find the trick of printing smaller things like the tea bag here: http://johanna-mixedmediafun.blogspot.de/2014/12/ajj-rainy-weather-some-tips.html

Valerie-Jael said...

This is gorgeous Erika, love the background and how you have collaged it, really good! Great quote, too! Thanks for joining us again at Art Journal Journey, Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Love all your ideas for this page Erika! Such a happy making! The scalloped edges are gorgeous!
Thank you so much for another fantastic SEA page for us over at
Art Journal Journey!

Fabulous to live not to far away from the sea - happy you!
oxo
Susi

Anonymous said...

Ah to look like that. Love those old bathing suits. xox

Lula said...

Love your page Erika! The colours are so bright and the image makes me thinking of my holidays.Just great!

Halle said...

Nicely done! Thanks for stopping by my page as well!

sheila 77 said...

Lots of good ideas here, love the blue scalloped edges, and the bathing beauty is certainly enjoying being at your colourful seaside.
Nice work, Erika.