Sunday, May 31, 2015

Blooming

I love how the world looks on the last day of May.
Can you believe it is the last day of May already?
The gardens bloom so fast at this time of year. Flowers come and then they go. 
You have to savoir what you can of their colors while they are out.
 I love the details you find in nature. And
I love irises. I wish they bloomed longer. I wish they bloomed all summer. 
 How can you not be inspired with the details here? I feel like Georgia O'Keeffe, and I want to start painting flowers.
 How about this view?
 And these Mountain Bluets are another favorite.
 I love that little blue petal just peeking out of the bud.
And did I show my  azalea?
My ground phlox?
We've been so dry I can't say my gardens are very lush this year.  But I am still enjoying the view.
My Maine lupines are just blooming too.



 Did you ever read Miss Rumphius? With the fields of Maine filled with wild lupine? Its a lovely children's book. My friend gave me these plants and she dug them out of the side of road in Maine one summer years ago when she was working there. I love how these lupines seed themselves and wander around the garden year after year.
OK, how about a couple more iris views?

So I am finishing up the screen porch this weekend, reading, relaxing. So much to do but so many excuses not to do any of it.
Ha-ha!
I can't wait to show you my gardens and how they look in June.
Enjoy your day!



2 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your flowers look beautiful, love all the colours. Here it's very cold for the end of May, but the weather prophets have said we have some warm weather on its way for next week! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful colors and forms in them all!
Gorgeous!