Saturday, May 9, 2015

Busting Out


 I was jumping around viewing various blogs the other day and that lead me to Amazon.com and I came across a book (I don't own, and I haven't even read it) with this write up.
It seems rather Buddhist to me, but I can't say I really know much about what it means to be a Buddhist.

1. You will receive a body.
2. You will be presented with lessons.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons.
4. Lessons are repeated until learned.
5. Learning does not end.
6. "There" is no better than "here."
7. Others are only mirrors of you.
8. What you make of your life is up to you.
9. All the answers lie inside of you.
10. You will forget all of this at birth.

The book is called If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules by Cherie Carter-Scott.
Interesting.  Not the type of book I tend to read but these 10 rules did kind of get me thinking. I've been frustrated and angry by things happening in my life lately, all things beyond my control, and I've been trying to figure out how to deal with them. Maybe I am really just shallow and don't want to deal with them at all. Maybe I just want a new life.
Or some things back in my life that seem to have disappeared for good.
Maybe this is telling me to take charge and bust out.  But if I do that I will hurt some people I don't want to hurt.
Sometimes I really don't like people at all.
Especially certain people.
Maybe I am idealistic and I just want the perfect people in my life.
Like they exist.
Like I am perfect.
Maybe I just want to be included in the plans and not towed along like a dinghy behind a sailboat.
Sometimes it just feels like I am the dinghy and everyone else is the sailboat.
God those waves are giving me  aches and pains and stings and scars as I keep belly flopping in the them. 
I know that everyone goes through these times. I know I have been through them before and will be back into them again at some point in the future. 
It is just life.
Maybe I need a different way to look at life.
If only I didn't want "it all", whatever that really is.
I kind of wish I believed a little more in destiny and fate like I used to when I was young instead of being all analytical. The problem is I do believe we can all make our own destiny.
And I can't seem to take charge of mine right now.
Maybe my brain has finally learned a lesson and I need to cut it a little slack and let it go and see where that takes me.
Boy writing this has really brought peace to me in a new way. Well maybe not new but in a way that I haven't used in a very very very long time.
Big breath, calm body, feel good about me and feel good emotionally for a change (as of late).
Think I will start by printing out these life rules and posting them in my sacred studio space.
Think I could substitute the phrase art rules for most of these life rules too.
Oh yeah, and here's some views of all the life busting out in this gorgeous weather we had during this past week.





Enjoy your weekend1

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Erika, I hope you find a way to feel a bit happier in your life. I know that it sometimes takes time...You are important and precious! Thank you for sharing beautiful spring images!

sheila 77 said...

Hope everything soon feels better.
Sending peace and love.

Nancy McCarroll said...

I needed to look at those pretty flowers today. Thank you for posting the,. Blessings.