Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Let's Go

Oh I wish I was going someplace today besides work! Summer weather is here, we are hot, humid and I should be at the beach. Or actually home working in the garden in the morning coolness and then hiding out in the studio until I get too hot and then lounging and reading on my screen porch. Ha-ha. I wish! I guess it is good just to have a decent job to go to and I should stop dreaming. Summer break will be here soon enough!
So this page started as a Gelli print. I decided not to add any paint to the background and stamp a bunch of travel words on the right Technique Tuesday). I also added the firework stamps in upper left corner-I  stamped it multiple times and the die cut elephant. The paper he was cut from is plan grey and I used an older paisley stamp (Hero Arts) in grey to give the paper a little texture. Then I used an old paper tape cardboard roll (the inside-what the tape was wrapped around) and some red-orange paint to make the circles.  I have a small collection hose old inside rolls of tape in various diameters as they make the best circle stamps, especially when you dab them in paint. 
So what are you up to today?
Do you get to go any place, either near or far, exciting or routine, dramatic or just pretty, today?
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your exotic dream painting! My day was exciting as always, went along the Rhine, talked to the birds and horses and some dogs I met along the way, bought some sweet potatoes from the store and came back home....now I have time to read and paint! Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Lovely page Erika!
Wished the weather here would be hot.. it's just cool here and this on the end of May horrible!