Sunday, May 17, 2015

More Than All the Fish in The Sea

So as my weekend winds down I must say it was a another good one. Saturday was cloudy and that meant some inside chores got done. Yahoo! You know those projects which aren't really big but take an hour or two to complete so you put them off? Between my husband and myself we got 2 of them done! Plus when my daughter showed up we got another one done, so the list just got 3 projects shorter! 
Sunday was beautiful and I spent some time outside enjoying the weather. I even got to go out for lunch! And my screen porch got opened up but now it really needs a good cleaning before it can be used.  Maybe one day this week I will do that after work.
I'm also thinking of sanding down and painting the floor in it too. That's another one of those not gigantic but a several hour (more like a day) project. Add something back on that list I guess.
And since Saturday was cloudy I had some studio time, as you can see by this journal page I made. It started as another Gelli print page with white edges, so I painted them with some SILKS and I ended up scallop cutting them as I had recently done on another journal page. I love these die cuts (Frantic Stamper). I ran the die through the Sizzix several times and then glued them down onto the page. I used an old set of Technique Tuesday letters and bright orange embossing powder to create the saying on the page.
And yes, I do know that whales and turtles are not fish, even though the saying says fish. I thought of changing it to say beasts of the sea, but then that sounded rather like these were  monsters. So I left it as fish.
I am linking this page to Art Journal Journey as this month's theme is the sea/das meer.
So I hope everyone else also had a great weekend. Even if you didn't get a few chores done or even if you didn't find a lot of  (or any) art time.
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic journal page, great quote. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

What a happy piece Erika! I love all what's going on in the backroundlayers!
Fabulous!
Thank you for another fabulous entry to our Sea theme over at Art Journal Journey!
oxo
Susi

crafty creations said...

Well done on getting some of your tasks ticked off your TODO list and find time to do this amazing page with such a brilliant quote

sheila 77 said...

Sounds like you had a very good weekend. I do like your scalloped edge idea, it really sets off the picture. Your sea creatures and your words all make a great scene, I very much like the way you've made the words.

Sue said...

This is such fun, a really happy piece, and well done on getting through your 'to do' list xx

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Nice journal page ~ and sweet sentiment, too!