Thursday, May 28, 2015

On The Blog Today

Hi Everyone. This week is flying right by, but for me,  having Monday off as a holiday is probably the reason for that.
I haven't shown you much  out of my tag journal lately, so thought I'd put up a couple of pages. 
The page above I made the background dark so the red tag would pop. I stenciled in black on the dark background and then die cut some words (Sizzix/Tim Holtz) in black.
And on this page I used a Gelli print on some white watercolor to make the background.  I added some dimension with some puff fabric paint, as well as some glitter and a giant flower die cut (Sizzix/Tim Holtz). I ended up not liking the background color with this tag- it was too blue, so I made the flower a reddish-purple to help get the tag to blend in. I wish the flower was a little lighter, but it is what it is at this point, and I don't really dislike it.
So not much else new here. Just working and trying to stay cool. It doesn't feel like May-more like July. We've had a warm and very dry spring this year-which isn't terrible after all the winter snow we got. But we do need rain. It hasn't rained at all this month, which is really unusual here. The soil is just like powder right now. I think it is time to do a little rain dance.
Now that would be a scary sight.
Ha-ha!
Have a great day!



2 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Please take a photo if you do a rain dance! Here it's cold and damp! Lovely work in your journals, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous ! Looks very good!