Monday, May 11, 2015

The Smiling Monster

Happy Monday!
 Another week is starting up already. The weekend just flew right by. I hope everyone had  great weekend.
I wanted  to get a few more productive chores done but that didn't happen. Oh well, no big deal. The weather ended up being gorgeous and I went out and had a lot of fun. It certainly made it an exciting weekend instead of a routine weekend, and as I am sure you know, those chores don't go any where. They wait patiently for you to get to them.
So today I have a journal page to show you. This page was all about trying different media.The background is a gelli print that has been modified-I added some printed deli paper, some stamped images, some paint and some puff fabric paint words.
And I painted my jellyfish sea monster. I used what was left of gelli print face on this page and ended up turning it into a jellyfish. I wanted the face to be a little more subtle, but instead it stands out a lot.
Kind of a silly monster I know!

Linking this to Art Journal Journey since this month's theme is the sea.
Not much to say to today ( just trying to get myself up and moving so early on a Monday morning) but hope everyone's week starts off on a good foot.
Stop back soon!


6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Ooooh, just love this, what a wonderful underwater painting! There is so much movement in it, great! Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

GORGEOUS Erika! I love your jellyfish - just adorable!
Thank you for linking to Art Journal Journey!
oxo
Susi

johanna said...

how fun, a Monster with a smile:)

sheila 77 said...

This is terrific. Great sea and a friendly jellyfish, nice work!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic page and it looks such a fun monster, wonderful colours as well.
Yvonne

ULKAU said...

This is a great, colorful and lovably monster! Ulrike