Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Few Photos Today

Humor me. I've just got a bunch of photos from last Saturday's boating adventure to show you. It was a beautiful day and lots of people were out on the water.
Some were working, like the lobster men above.

Those lobster traps make a great pattern. Could make a cool stencil with a little adjustment..
The tugs of Portsmouth. They are a local landmark!

A fisherman's boat controls are much more simple.
Ready to fish, ready to catch!



Not sure why all these people were at this dock. Were they waiting for someone to return for a long voyage? Was it a big Christian baptism?  Was something exciting going to come down the river?
Portsmouth view from under one of the bridges.

Another local Portsmouth landmark, the salt piles.
This buoy rope is so covered in seaweed.  Nasty, but pretty cool too. And I love the lobster weather vane.


Patterns every where. 
And very cool light on the water.

Thanks for humoring me. With the cool fall weather right now the warm days (even though this was just Saturday) seem so long ago. But even though I am not looking forward to winter, I am excited for fall.
Enjoy your day and thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, I love to see your corner of the world. It's great to live so near to the sea. The boats and bridges etc are all very interesting. Thanks for sharing, have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Gibby Frogett said...

I love it that, here I am sitting in doors on a wet and windy day on the East Coast of the UK and for a while I am somewhere else on a virtual walk through your photos - or maybe that should be swim with all that water - fabulous!
The lobster weather vane is great and fun and I'm wondering who 'Miss Mae' is on the boat...'Miss Mae and son'.
Loved seeing all your lovely photos - thanks for sharing.
Have a lovely day.......... Gill x

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my -- what a wonderful space is where you live Erika! Amazing photos!
Thank you for sharing with us!
oxo
Susi