Monday, September 7, 2015

Double Window Page

 Not sure I am done with this spread or not, but right now I am happy with its simplicity. I am linking this to Art Journal Journey, hosted this month by Corrine. The theme is windows, and so I cut 3 openings into my right page of this spread so you could peak into the next 2 page spread.
This second piece is the second spread that windows open up into. You can see the top window on the left.
 I love both backgrounds and didn't think I wanted to cover it over too much, so a few  stamped and painted and fussy cut images went onto them.
Here's the rest of my top spread with the window's on the right-you can just see the top window with the butterfly wing in it.
I used Dina Wakely stamped images and some acrylic paints and stencils to make the backgrounds.
So we are having gorgeous weather here in New Hampshire this 3 day  weekend, but today is warming up a bit more! And so far it has been a great weekend for me! I've done some more sun printing, took several long relaxing walks, went for a fabulous boat trip and even (finally!!!!) got my living room finished up and back together.  Plus a few other things...I've got some photos but they are not yet off my camera. Hopefully I can show you some tomorrow.
What more could a girl ask for on her long weekend?
Hope everyone is enjoying either their holiday weekend or the normal weekend was a good one.
More from me some other day!

7 comments:

Blogoratti said...

A great work, looks really nice!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your spread is beautiful, you always have such lovely ideas. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey again. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful idea to give this windows to the page to have a look at the next page..great!
Both spreads are great - vibrant and artsy!
I am glad to hear that your weekend went so good- sounds fab!
Thanks a lot for another super idea to the new window theme Erika!
I am very happy as well.. today the new schoolyear started ... finally!!!
oxo
Susi

Anonymous said...

Fabulous double spread. I like looking through pages to another. xox

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Erika, I simply adore the windows you created. Not simple at all, but very colorful and quite complex.

~*~Patty S said...

Love your peekaboo window pages Erika!
You always create such rich and interesting artwork.
oxo

Margik said...

Wow... Erika! Love these amazing pages. Great composition of images and creative windows. Mar xx