Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Fall Birds

Happy Wednesday everyone. I am very excited to have the day off from school. My daughter wants me to go shopping with her but I think I am going to stay home and putter about. I don't need to be tempted to spend any more money! Hopefully the sun will come out so I can putter outside and rake, but if not, I have things to do inside. Like playing with some paint or fabric or even getting the space ready to move my new cabinet upstairs.
That will be a chore since it weighs a ton!
I showed you Monday (A Fun Day Out) my photos of the vintage fair where I found this beauty.
(It is the  big grey on in the back.) It is an old hardware store wall rack. I want to move it into the spare bedroom that is my art studio so I can store all my art bits and bobs in it. (And clean up some of those plastic containers that are piled up!)
The man I bought this from delivered it to school the other afternoon and we slid it into my husband's truck- where it fit just perfect- so I could get it home. Now it is in my living room waiting to be moved upstairs.
That's the hard part! We are still trying to figure out the easiest way to move it.
So today I have another fall art journal page for you.
I've been into birds lately.  They seem to keep showing up in my journal.
None of my bird pages are all that complicated, but I did paint this top bird on my page. I also painted the tree. The other birds were part of the Gelli print background I made awhile back, and I added a bunch of stamped and then colored fall images along the bottom of the page.
I am linking this page to Art Journal Journey. This month's theme is the colors of fall, and it is being hosted by Susi.
In a way this feels like 2 different pages, because the top and bottom are rather different, but I like that about it.
Anyhow, that's all for me today.
Enjoy your hump day!

9 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

That's a super artsy page ... I love it.. your painted bird and tree fits the rest of the page perfectly ! Enjoy your free day Erika! This cabinet will be a perfect home for a lot of super art-stuff I think!
Thank you ♥♥♥ for another fantastic page to the monthly theme !
oxo
Susi ..
Though of you today as I mowed the lawn a last time for this year in the garden... how handy that all the foliage goes in the collecting basket without raking leaves...lol.

Nancy Chan said...

A good shelf for your art room! Have a wonderful day!

Gibby Frogett said...

Gorgeous artwork - love the colours and the birds!
That looks a great storage unit, assuming it is big and heavy - good luck moving it!
Gill x

Valerie-Jael said...

LOVE your beautiful page for Art Journal Journey, just wonderful, and I am envious of that wonderful cabinet. Have fun putting all your crafting goodies into it! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Oh good luck moving the cabinet, looks pretty gigantic to me! Be careful. Like you pages for the challenge, haven't done a one. I managed to sort of screw up the bobbin's on both sewing machines, so I'll have to deal with that. UGH. Have fun today. Maybe you'll bake something yummy. xox

Jeannette said...

oohh what a beautiful colors on this page,the bird is cute and flying up to the autumn heaven,love birds and trees so much.

hugs jenny

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous colours and a fantastic autumn page.
Yvonne

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea how I missed this, but I really enjoyed the bright and energetic colors you used on this page.

And that's a rare find in that cabinet. It will soon be completely filled, I'm sure. Very impressive piece of furniture.

Nancy Briges said...

Love your bird art and that new cabinet! Hope you can get it where you need it to be.