Friday, December 11, 2015

Warm Days Here

Happy Friday Everyone! I have wanted it to be Friday all week so I am really glad it is here. 
So today I have another journal spread which will become my blog header in January. Last week I showed you a similar piece for December and Giggles suggested it would make a great blog header. (Thanks for that great idea Giggles!) Well I made it into a blog header and that got me thinking. Wouldn't it be cool to make a spread for each month of the year and have a whole set of blog headers ready for 2016?
Anyhow, I started and here's January. 
I painted the background in blues and purples since they are such cold colors, I also made the brush strokes wavy like the wind might act when blowing. I used a snowflake sparkle paste and a stencil to make the snowflakes.  I doodled and painted the stars, and then added a bunch of ephemera including that cute little thermometer.  Finally I sprayed some white ink and some sparkle clear paint on the snowflake side to give it a little more snowy look.
I am linking this page to both Paint Party Friday (thank you Eva and Kristen for hosting!!!) and also to Art Journal Journey (thank you to Valerie for hosting).
We've been warm for December and yesterday after some light rain we had some cool fog. This is the Ela River as I pass it on my way home.



Hope everyone has something fun planned for their weekend. 
Thanks for visiting my blog!

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your sparkly journal page, thanks for linking again to Art Journal Journey! Lovely idea to make a header for each month of the year, I am looking forward to seeing what you will come up with. Great photos, I always love to see the mist over the ground. Have a lovely weekend, hugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

luv the calendar page best

happy PPF

much love...

sirkkis said...

Really beautiful header and a great idea to make new one monthly.
AJ spread is fab, too.
Happy weekend ♥

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful spread - love the cool colors and the textures - fab! The idea to make a blog header for every month is genious!
Wow.. amazing photos... we had also fog in the morning yesterday and as the sun starts shining it looked like all the housetops would send smoke to the sky- but it was just the dust!
Happy Friday Erika! Enjoy your weekend and thank you very much for another fantastic Collage for Art Journal Journey! ♥♥♥
Susi

Susan said...

Spectacular pages! And beautifully done. I feel cold just looking at it. Your idea for a monthly header is a good one. Happy PPF

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your new blog header!! That is a wonderful winter wonderland spread too, and I think your idea of changing the header each month is such a good one. I would if I could grasp the techy stuff. I'm always grabbing my son to help me since I screwed things up by trying things enough times already. Have a great weekend ahead!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think it's a clever idea to change your blog header each month. I immediately noticed when you changed to December. If I weren't so stuck in my blog design, I would join you. I might try it on my sidebar, though. Your January page is fantastic and really wonderful. It truly speaks of the January colors that I think of, too.

It's really hard to capture fog through a lens, but you have got a serious knack at doing it. Today was our last day of warmth, and now we are headed for the deep freeze. Have a safe, warm, and fun weekend.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Great blogger head and journal spread Erika, the rich colours are amazing. Wonderful photos too. Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

sheila 77 said...

This is a great idea and your January header is terrific.
Love the deep blues and the sparkling snowflakes.

Jo said...

The weather here is ridiculously warm as well. Love your calendar page- love the blues and I can relate to the fog- have had that here as well. Hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic journal spread, loved the photos of the mists on the river as well.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Great idea Giggles had. I like this new January header to come and your great fog photos of the river. We had a wonderful ice mist the other morning coming off the river, it is weird warm though. Enjoy the last days up until Christmas. xox

DVArtist said...

Great idea for the blog headers. The photos are pretty amazing.

Giggles said...

Erika this is stunning and now you have inspired me! What a great idea! It is so easy to change them... I hope it starts a trend!! Thanks for the shout out!!

Big hugs Giggles