Saturday, March 5, 2016

A Walk through a Historic Neighborhood

 Trip photos today! Sorry if you were hoping for art! :)
One morning when I was in New Mexico I went with my friend's husband and my daughter and we walked around with our cameras in a historic neighborhood of Taos. I love photos with all kinds of texture and details and this was the perfect place for me. I took maybe 100 photos, but I have just a few to show you.

This place is gorgeous. I think it is a hotel.


Oh, these kitties are so cute.
Love this teardrop shaped post. I managed to take several views of it.

I bet when the trees have leaves and the flowers are blooming this neighborhood is even more gorgeous. I love how in these old neighborhoods they follow the old Spanish tradition. There are several houses around a small plaza. And always a beautiful little adobe church too. 
Adobe with its rounded corners has a very organic earthy feel to it. Almost like a sculpture.
The chile ristras as the dried red pepper bunches you can see hanging here. 
This place was under renovations. 
And a couple of more neighborhood views.
I can't promise I won't try to sneak in a few more some other day.
Ha- ha.
Not sure what is on my weekend plans. Hoping to make some art time either today or tomorrow (or both) and might even bake myself a birthday cake. I am craving some chocolate cake this year. Lets see what the hubby wants to do today.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Saturday, or rest of your Saturday if the day has already began in your neck of the woods..

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I loved seeing the photos, thanks for sharing. What beautiful places you visited. Have a great birthday weekend Sweetie. Hugs, Valerie

~*~Patty S said...

Your photos are extra special with your artists eye Erika!
Thanks so much for sharing.
I would enjoy seeing more!
Happy Birthday week... month and year.
oxo

Blogoratti said...

What good times that must have been, the photos speak for themselves. Greetings!

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow.. those photos are all unique...adorable places, you are such a fantastic photographer!!
Thank you for sharing!
I hope you celebrate your BDay just now and you make yourself a good cake!( and please show us the cake as well - I love to see your cakes... the best is that all is without calories - at least for me online..lol)
We had quite a nice Saturday--- sunny - hope for the same for tomorrow.
OXO
Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Back from the caucus, just had to drop by and admire these wonderful shots. I'm in awe of the different places and the obviously different neighborhoods you walked through. You will never have too many photos for me, dear. I love to see where others have visited or live. This is a true joy and it IS ART, whether you think it is or not. Ask any photographer and they'll tell you the same.

Hope you had a great birth DAY with your husband. It's good to extend your birthday over the entire weekend, so I look forward to seeing either a cake or a piece of mixed media art soon. Again, happy birthday the day after.

Nancy Chan said...

Great photos. Wishing you a Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Nice shots of all that texture. I love the coyote fences and the xeriscape plantings everywhere. xox

Sami said...

Cute place.
Those metal chairs caught my eye, they are beautiful. And so are the kitties :)

Jackie McGuinness said...

Love New Mexico. The lighting there is so spectacular that many artists and photographers live there.

Stevenson Q said...

Dearest Erika these are such beautiful photos! New Mexico is one of the states I would super want to visit because I am so fascinated by these old spanish/Mission architecture. If I would have a dreamhouse, I really want a mission theme on it :)