Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Brave

Some time you journal for a challenge and sometimes you journal for yourself. This is one of those pages I made in a moment when I gave that big scream when my husband was having a bit more health issues (luckily they didn't tun into anything gigantic although still, they are there now- something else).
I had pre-posted the photo thinking it would make a good post, and then yesterday the new try It on Tuesday challenge began and voila, it fits that too.
So now the page I made for me is also good for a challenge.
Can't complain about that.
So check out the "quotes on artwork" for the next 2 weeks at Try It On Tuesday.
There is a bit of a glare on the right wing, but the dark edged of the page are purposely done. The girl in the heart doesn't look anything like me but her expression was how I felt at the time. The big heart is a stamp from Stamper's Anonymous. I believe it is designed by Michael deMeng, but I might be totally wrong about that, so I apologize in advance if I am off.
Otherwise its a Gelli printed background, some other stamps by Allie Edwards and Rubber Stamps of America, a little bit of assorted paint, a glitter pen and also some Stabilo pencil.
That's all for me. The mid-week, end of the quarter at school business is keeping me out of trouble.
Have a wonderful day.


13 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

This page is wonderful on many levels Erika.
L♥ve it.
Quotes are always near and dear to my heart.
Sending very best wishes for your husband's health.
oxo

chrissie said...

Very beautiful background to show off the image and quote

Thank you for joining in at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page Erika, hope your Husband is feeling better. Thanks for joining us at TIOT, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A really wonderful page Erika! It seems this heart will take off in the next moment...great!
So happy you linked to Tiot's again !
I am wishing that everything is going to be just fine with the health of your hubby♥♥♥

oxo Susi

Anonymous said...

I can hear the scream now. Must be so frustrating and you all need to be brave right now! xox

Anonymous said...

this beautiful,, so rich and jewel like,, great message as well, hope everyone is doing ok,,

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like the strength in imagery in this page. I'm glad your husband is OK. Blessings!

Linda Kunsman said...

such a wonderful rich page with an equally wonderful affirmation!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I keep wondering how you are making it with your husband so sick and you working full time. But I remember that 50 hour week and going to school full time. Somehow we do it and it seems routine after awhile. Your lovely quote and gelli print tell that story of frustration when suddenly we take on a bit more than we are prepared for. Chin up, dear.

BTW, thanks for the offer to send dies. I'll get with you offline soon. We need to "talk" about this.

Mimi said...

Hearts with wings are my FAVE. wonderful colors and textures here.

Meggymay said...

A wonderful page, with a fantastic quote which most of us can relate to .
Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's,
Yvonne x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Erika, this is a wonderful page, with gorgeous colours and textures.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril x

Faye said...

Love this background! Saying a little prayer for you and your dh because I know what it is like to have a seriously ill husband.