Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Nope, I am not Irish, but it is St. Patrick's Day day  and I celebrate green and spring. And I know Ingrid Bergman, the woman whose photo I cut out of a magazine and added to this page, was not Irish either. But she looks fantastic on this page. What a beautiful woman she was.
I  bought myself a new journal a while back.
This is the first page I made in it and I like it.  The paper is heavy enough for a good work out with paint and  glue and pen and other media.
Also
I haven't done a book post for a while and there's been several reads since the last book post.
And if you're looking for a book to read, maybe one of these would interest you.
 All about lobsters- really an excellent read. Who knew lobsters had such a complex and social society? Who knew a book about lobsters could be such a good read?
 This book was a quick read but I love reading illustrated books, and I learned some new things about NY in the process.
This is a lovely and pretty book. A quick read also, but how much of an enjoyable escape it was.
And I've been reading some baking books by the Brass Sisters too. Always looking for a little baking inspiration although I am trying to eat better for a bit since I had so much of my birthday cake last week. But I love their books with some old fashion tried and true recipes. Sometimes its nice to have a little bit of reminiscing for food from your past.

Enjoy your day!!!
And as always, I appreciate you stopping by my blog.

6 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

What a fab page - she was a real beauty- you are right Erika! All books seem to be interesting and fun and your new journal looks fabulous as well!
Hope your day went well and hubby feels better!

oxo
Susi

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful book pages.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! When the kids were young we used to eat green muffins, stage our own parade, and fly kites to celebrate the day. I think I'll do some gardening today to get close to the green :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, and your new journal looks great. I have ordered 2 new journals too, hope they come soon. Love the look of the lobster book. Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy belated St. Patrick's Day. Hope it was fun, even though neither of us are Irish. Your page is lovely with all the green shamrocks and circles.

I like the look of your new journal. It sounds like it will hold up to anything you throw at it.

I am a big, big NY fan, so would love to read that book. And Wichita State won their second game tonight. Their stats are phenomenal.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to tell you. You asked for rocking horses, so I'm sharing (grin).