Saturday, March 26, 2016

Hoot Hoot

I've got this cute little guy I painted to link up at AJJ today. Stop by and check out the art by clicking here Art Journal Journey. This month is being hosted by Chris and the theme is If You Go Into the Woods.
So if you go into the woods you may see this owl. He's created with paint, newspaper and Stabilo pencil. I actually painted him on a plain piece of paper and then I cut him out and attached him to  this woody looking background. The background started with me cleaning off a wood bark designed stencil, and added paints, stamping and spray ink to it.
So Happy Easter everyone (at least to those of you have celebrate). Today we had a gorgeous day and I enjoyed lots of time outside. Tonight I am just a big couch potato as I think I wore myself out with all that fresh air. Its a good feeling though. Big smile for me.
Enjoy a jellybean or two.
And thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Have lots of couch potato fun, sometimes we need to rest! Love the journal page with the magnificent owl. Have a great Sunday, and hanks for joining us at AJJ again, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

He is AMAZING! I love your super owl - and you would laugh if you would see what I just made here---will show it tomorrow on the blog - lol-...
I think I painted his sweatheart....
Happy Easter my friend!
So nice that you are so deep in our nonthly theme!
♥♥♥
Thank you ---
Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your owl is FABULOUS! Love how he was created! A great entry for AJJ and Thank you for your support! Enjoy your Easter Day! Hugs, Chrisx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a sweet owl Erika, I like the way you used the newspaper pieces.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Anonymous said...

wow, this is beautiful!Hope you have a wonderful Sunday,,

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a gorgeous owl. I am truly impressed with it. I hope your Easter is going well and you are enjoying your day of rest and relaxation.

kat said...

This owl is fabulous, I love owls and your one is so bright and feels alive, super art!

Meggymay said...

Your owl looks amazing, its a fabulous page.
Yvonne

sheila 77 said...

Oh yes, what a sweet owl, I would love to meet him in the wood and say hello. Great how you made him too.