Monday, March 14, 2016

In the Jungle

So today I have a journal page  for the latest theme at Art Journal Journey, Into the Woods. This month the hostess is Chris.
This was a journal page that started off with me just stenciling those fern leaves in black to use up some extra paint on my pallet. Then I spray inked the page, but at that point I didn't know where I was going to take it. However I love where it did take me, into the canopy of the tropical rain forest. I used the toucan stamp (Earth Art International) and the hummingbird stamps (Ryn's stamps) along with a couple of tiny stamps by Hero Arts.  I painted the flowering vines by hand and then doodled in the vines and branch, as well as painting the stamped bird images.
So my weekend improved after its rocky start with my husband getting admitted to the hospital with a very erratic heartbeat. He came home Saturday, and was back to his old self so we went out and ran some errands we needed to do.
Big smile for him feeling back to himself, not for the errand part.
 Look at this crazy guy we saw on the side walk trying to drum up some business for an ice cream/ frozen yogurt place.
Ha!
 My daughter was driving and you can see her waving.
I also got out for a long walk this weekend since we had some beautiful spring like weather.
 You can see the mud on the road into the woods. Our road being gravel was a little soft but not bad. We did have to hose the dogs down when we got back.
 You can also see the ice is just about out on a lake in our town.
But that didn't stop our dog from going for her first swim of season. 
She didn't care if the water wasn't warmer than the freshly melted ice.
This is actually  going to be an early ice out year with this warm March we are having.
I am so OK with that.
This warm weather is putting me in a spring cleaning mood. I went to play with my art supplies yesterday afternoon and actually felt guilty about not cleaning. So I decided to do the most fun cleaning I could think of and got back into some supply cleaning. I went through a bunch of my stamps which was actually so much fun. I love finding things you haven't used in forever and forgot you had.
And now it is Monday morning and I am off to work. Tough morning since we moved the clocks an hour ahead...love it in the evening but takes a few days to get into the swing of this time schedule.
Hope everyone has a good start to their week-
and thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

Jeannette said...

wow,what a amazing birds and colors tuday,very beautiful
happy new week,dear erika.
the images of the wood with sea is dreamingful,love the wood and deers to,its a wonderful atmosphere in the wood,love that when the birds its singing,and i love the stillness of the woodland.

hugs jenny

froebelsternchen said...

Erika this page is just SUPER! This vibrant toucan as a centerpiece makes it rock. Thank you so much - you rock
Art Journal Journey this month! Even a little tattoo face on his feathers - how cool is that?!
We got a little bit warmer today - but far away from springlike temperatures for my taste....
My gosh ... shocked to hear about your hubby had such bad heart-problems - take care of him ♥
wishing you a good new week!!!
oxo Susi

Nancy Chan said...

Pretty journal page. Lovely lake in your area.

Rike said...

How cool you mixed the stamps with your own painting and doodling, so it looks very beautiful!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love walking in the woods but not swimming in the icy waters :) We don't get ice like that around here. Your woods remind me of the scenery in some places I walk here. The rains have softened the ground up so much they've closed a lot of our trails.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Erika, love the bright and beautiful birds. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ, and love the photos! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I considered using images from the jungle, but wondered if they would be considered woods. I'm delighted to see this is an acceptable take on the theme, and that great minds think alike (grin).

Your woods are quite barren, aren't they? But the water looks beautiful. I can see why you like living there.

sheila 77 said...

Your painting is tremendous. Love the birds, each of them, with such lovely and different colours, love the way you just started with the leaves and spray ink then got inspired to make this super jungle painting. Yes! I like it very much!
Glad to hear your husband recovered, that sort of thing can be frightening.
Have a good rest of the week.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your fabulous birds! Great that your stenciling led you to the jungle for this fantastic AJJ entry! We had some lovely Spring walking water at the weekend. Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

ha! ha! that's walking weather of course!