Friday, March 18, 2016

Nature

Happy Friday everyone. Welcome to the rain forest and some more of the little critters who  live there.
 It is time for Paint Party Friday. Thanks again to Kristen and Eva for hosting; I love being able to stop by on Friday, and if you want to see some great art stop by too.


I'm also linking my journal page for Art Journal Journey. The theme this month is "Don't Go Into the Woods. Thanks to Chris of pearshapecrafting for hosting.

And for the next week and a half Try It On Tuesday is being hosted by Elizabeth of Altered.Book Lover and the theme is Nature. I am also linking up there too.

Wow, that's a lot of places you should go check out!

Here's a close up. I love these little lizards.
By layering SILKS paints I was able to create this cool lizardy looking color.  Now I am not sure what lizardy looking color actually is, but I like the multiple tints they have, which of course doesn't show up really well in the photo.
So here's how my page started. I cleaned a tree bark stencil on it, and then I stamped these shapes (kind of like leaves) using some Dina Wakely stamps.
I colored with markers, painted, die cut, painted, and glued things to finish my page.

So the spring cleaning urge has over taken me. I have a little list of things I want to do around my house. Hoping this weekend to knock off one or two of them. I wanted to do one the other night, which was painting around where the missing baseboard in my bedroom is, with the hope that when I hire myself a handyman this summer (and I think I might have found the right guy at the right price), I can get the baseboard and closet trim replaced.  However, I found it impossible to open the can of left over paint, which is hopefully good since its several years old. So maybe this weekend I can convince the hubby to use his brute strength to get the paint can open. (And hopefully he won't be rushed back to the emergency room either.) I've got some drapes to hem and a couple of cabinets which desperately need cleaning. A few books need to be put away too.  Not too bad of a list, and I am leaving  the BIG project of cleaning my basement laundry room off my little list, because I know that will have to wait until some other time. Not spring.
Plus I have a little play time scheduled Saturday morning which I will tell you more about later.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Hope its been a good week.

25 comments:

sirkkis said...

Beautiful piece of colourful forest scene with its wonderful inhabitants.
Thank you Erika for sharing it also with us at TioT.
Have a happy weekend 😃

Granny Annie said...

So beautiful. You inspire me to create a very colorful page for next week.

Laila said...

Rain forest, oh reminds me of warmth and beautiful weather. I love your little lizard, and the rest of your piece also. Happy springtime to you and good luck with your spring cleaning activities as well.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the vibrancy of this piece, which you achieved with all the layering and amazing color scheme. Good luck on getting all the items in your to-do list done. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Great page. Cute as ever gecko. See you tomorrow. xox

chrissie said...

Terrific artwork and great use if the leaf stamps

Thank you for joining in at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Christine said...

Lovely piece!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love this piece you created for several challenges, but most of all for TioT. It is adorable, and I've seen silks in the local mixed media store, but have never bought any. This is fantastic.

Good luck with your LITTLE list, dear.

Faye said...

Beautiful! The lizard was camouflaged and I missed it entirely until I read the post! He fits right in, as he should. Thanks for the root canal sympathy! I think it is OK. With spring weather today I am doing a little spring yard cleaning. Yes, I know. Inside needs it too!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful work, thanks for sharing and thanks for joining us at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful forest scene Erika- and those leaves remind me so much of peacock feathers! I think that making a "little" list of things to do makes it much easier to accomplish:) Happy weekend!

froebelsternchen said...

This looks absolutely GORGEOUS -- I am thrilled about this page Erika!
Fabulous that you linked to Art Journal Journey and Try It On Tuesday - THANK YOU!
Have a great weekend - I hope you can do all things you have on your list!
We got better weather today with even sun...wow...
oxo
Susi

Marjut said...

lovely colours and beautiful work. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab!

Giggles said...

Lovely work and I love that bark stamp...so much potential with that wonderful stamp. Spring fever is creeping in when we have that great urge to clean and repair!! Enjoy!

Hugs Giggles

Meggymay said...

A wonderful colourful project, thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's as well.
Yvonne

Tracey FK said...

good luck with the spring cleaning... we are big autumn cleaners as spring is all a bit warm... so we are deep in the same things here... lists are being made, amended... little jobs tacked... big jobs avoided... so hope your s goes better than ours does... we are still waiting for autumn as our endless summer rolls on... plus I love the way you painted in those leaves... that makes them so beautiful...xx

GlorV1 said...

I love your piece. Very well done. Yes, have fun spring cleaning.:))

Dea Lenihan said...

Oh spring cleaning! Love your image today--lovely little liz. xo

Maria Medeiros said...

really beautiful! Happy PPF! :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is beautiful! I love the colours - the silks have a lovely sheen to them! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday and also AJJ! Hugs, Chrisx

DVArtist said...

This is truly beautiful. Reminds me of Aboriginal art.

Mrs.B said...

Love your rain forest page Erika, gorgeous colours and lots of interest.
Thanks for sharing at TioT
Avril x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Marvellous page, I love the brilliant coloring.
Hugs Anja

Nordljus said...

Wonderful page, I almost didn't spot your lizard, he's fitting so well into his surrounding - just like in nature!