Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Rest of My Travel Journal


Showing you the last of my New Mexico travel journal today. If you missed the first posts about it and you are curious, you can link up here:  Part 1 of Taos travel journal and Part 2 of Taos travel journal.
Can't believe I was there a whole month ago.
My cover. You might have seen this before. It got a bit scuffed up during the tip which only made it better.
My inner cover. 
Then I took these blank tags, envelopes and pages and tried to catch the feel of my trip on them.

These are before photos. (Obviously.) I wanted to show you have the before looked .
There's a little glare here as the paper tag I made (using scrap paper and a piece I cut out of a travel magazine) are in the clear plastic envelope I recycled.
More magazine cut outs. And a piece from a clothing tag in my stash.
I really like my journals to feel like the place I visited, not just record my trip events.
If you've followed closely you've noticed I've done some rearranging of pages. That's one thing I love about using a ringed binder for my journal.
I've also used a few postcards and some stamped and cut out images.
And then I added a few pockets. Pockets are good things in my mind. I can fill them with receipts and business cards and other little things I may want to keep.

Got to love the addition of a little map or two.
Some of my pages are made from heavy board (like card board) and some are on sheets of paper. Here and there I've added in some journaling. And sometimes just all the collected ephemera works.

And then I've added things from my stash at home.
I think I finished it just in time since vacation  is feeling like it was long ago. Oh well, spring is here and it will be my April break before I know it.  I am going to take a 4 day level 2 baking class that week to build upon the level 1 class I took last summer. I'm excited and it should be a lot of fun.
So that's my journal views and all for me today. Hope you enjoyed them!



4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal is beautiful, I am sure you will enjoy looking back at it in years to come, well done on creating such a treasure! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

The travel journal is just gorgeous! What a fabulous memory book - thank you for showing it to us!
Happy Easter dear Erika!
I can imagine that you look forward to the baking class .. I am also looking forward to this event to see and hear what you ar coming up with there - please don't forget to take photos when you are joining !

oxo Susi

Unknown said...

Oh how I adore travel journals and yours is simply stunning! It takes awhile to put them together, but oh so worth it and so much fun. You will enjoy your efforts and the results for years to come. hugs, Donna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is simply INCREDIBLE. I'm so in awe of what you did and how quickly you finished this book on New Mexico. You did a fantastic job and I can't say it enough how much I like the journal you created. Way to go, Erika. Now I want to make one, too, with loads of post cards, maps, and images captured from various places you visited.