Monday, June 13, 2016

Blue Mountains

Happy Monday! A new work week begins, and this is the last week the kids have school. Big smile on my face.
Excitement is building. I think I am going to make it without a nervous break down at this point.
Plus the movie Finding Dory opens on Friday (last day of kids), and I told my daughter we need to go see it Friday night to celebrate the almost end of school. (I have 2 teacher days Monday and Tuesday and next week.)
So the old atlas I have (which I have been cutting up) has some star maps in it, and I decided to make a page for Art Journal Journey. This months theme is maps and is hosted by Mary Nasser, and I thought this would be a different view of maps. 
The background is stamped and collaged with some cut out images. The owl is a die cut. 
I thought of the Carly Simon song Night Owl while I made this page. (Cuz I'm a night owl honey, sleep all day long...sleep, sleep....) 
 The rest of the page kind of came along as I was looking for images to put on this piece. 
That lady was cut out of an old postcard, and I can't decide if she is wearing pj's, a space suit or some kind of work clothes.  Hmmmm?
So this past Saturday we went for a boat trip, as I mentioned in yesterday's post. Since it was cloudy the mountains around the lake were very blue. And very pretty.
Thought I would share.




I always find it interesting how tree covered mountains can look so blue in certain light. I should be able to explain it, but I like to think its more magic than science. Maybe because the views are so magic.
Thanks for visiting me today. Come back soon.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, love the shades of blue. Great journal page, too, a star map is a good idea. I have one with an owl on it, too, must remember to show it! Have a great week, you're nearly there now! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Your page is excellent -- I think it is a great outfit from the late 60ties she wears...lol.
This is for sure magic that sometimes colors change .....
the blue mountains... we have a greman folksong.. from the blue mountains we are coming....
Our weather was just fine until Saturday... Sunday was rainy..and the fleamarket was not big enough...grrr.
Happy new week- have fun at the cinema!!!
Thanks a lot for such a beautiful page to the maps theme at AJJ Erika!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw that and thought you had read my mind. I LOVE this. Of course, I thought of Carl Sagan, not Carly Simon when I saw it. Now I know what you will be doing when school is out (sleeping all day, up all night).

I really enjoyed the boat/lake pictures. They are fantastic.

Meggymay said...

Its a super page with the map of the stars. Beautiful photos, the colours look wonderful.
Yvonne

~*~Patty S said...

Your blue mountains certainly do look beautiful and the water looks inviting even to me the seasick kid ;-)
Your chart for the northern skies is a super collage and fun how the pieces come together when we get going on a piece.
You now have me wondering about that lady's attire ;-)
It's blue = I like it.
oxo

Jeanie said...

I love and live for water! Glorious!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Happy last week of school! :)
Love the vintage look of this celestial page! Wonderful!

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, what a view! I'll bet it was hard to come in off the water.