Saturday, June 4, 2016

Map in my USA Altered Book

Happy Saturday everyone. I have a new page in my US states altered book for today. I am linking up to the new theme for this month at Art Journal Journey, Maps. This month's hostess is Mary C. Nasser.
In case you don't remember, this book is about my visits to the states in the US. I haven't yet made it to all 50; I'm at 38, and my pages are about my visits.
Here's a couple more views, in case your interested is my earlier posts about this project.( More States to Visit ,Travel Journaling and Altered Book Journey.)
So today is the sunny day of the weekend and tomorrow it is going to rain. I painted my porch floor this past week and I want to get my yard furniture back out onto it so I can finally use it. Today is also the annual yard sale at this huge  quilting and yarn shop that's fairly close to me. I love to dig through the scrap fabric bins and see what odd skeins of yarn I can pick up at real bargain prices. I usually go after noon because then everything is marked down an extra 20%.  I can always use some plain cotton fabric for projects and who knows what else I can find. So I may be off to do that this afternoon.
Hope everyone is enjoys their weekend!



7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a great page, and a lovely addition to AJJ and to your journal. Have a fun weekend, and enjoy today's sunshine! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A fabulous page - I admire all of your good ideas always!
Thank you very much for linking it to Art Journal Journey and support us again!
You were busy at home.. super..and I hope you will find good stuff at that quilting and yarn shop yard sale! Enjoy Erika! I had to play taxi this night and was tired the whole afternoon today...my gosh - I am getting old!
oxo Susi

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful map page with this nice bath girl, well done.
Greetings
Sabine

Rika said...

Great page!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love how dynamic and whimsical and vintage this page is!! So wonderful!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing spread. Love, love, love it. Of course, I hope you NEVER get a dreaded sunburn. They are no fun.

Sounds like a busy weekend with a porch that you might actually get to sit on now. I hope you share it with us once the furniture is back in place.

Oh fabric. I would have gone crazy. For me, everything can be white. That way I can paint or dye it whatever color or colors I decide on. I truly hope you found some yarn and fabric bargains.

Let's Art Journal said...

Hope you managed to get lots of goodies at the yard sale. What a brilliant idea to have a US book to capture all the states you have visited, I love it! Wow, it's certainly a great achievement to have been to 38 out of 50 states and I love your page of celebration! Thanks for the inspiration :-)