Saturday, July 23, 2016

Garden Angels

Its been a busy but relaxing Saturday in my world. I love days that are fun but you still get to sneak in a long nap- maybe its the benefits of having thunderstorms and rain move in in the late afternoon. :)
So another page for AJJ. Thanks Yvonne for picking such an inspiring theme.
.
I was playing with some stamps the other day, having fun playing with some I haven't used for awhile. These lovely ladies got turned into garden angels on my Gelli print background. Since the theme at Art Journal Journey is "In My Garden", I made these ladies become bearers of the green thumb. Just got to watch how I space out my letters a little better as my garden word ended up pretty close to the edge of the page.
So we had fun playing with dogs today in our boat. I also had fun playing with my new little water camera again. 
And no, I still haven't figured out the date yet. An yes, I'm shooting blind so not all my photos are "perfect" but I love them that way.




I was trying to catch a photo of one of the dogs jumping off the boat. But I never managed that since the shutter on this camera isn't super fast. One minute they are in the boat, and then the next they are in water. But I will keep trying.
This was the best I caught.
I really want to catch one of them airborne. I think Maddie gets more air as Pete (the black dog) kind of drops in.  
Because of the lens on the camera it looks like there's big rolling waves. But there wasn't, We anchored on a popular sandbar that is shallow enough you can walk around. There were a lot of boats there.
I think everyone was trying to beat the heat.
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great journal page, thanks for making another lovey page for us at AJJ, we all need garden angels. The photos are wonderful, wish I could have been there and jumped into the water with you. Your dogs are such fun, I so miss being able to have a dog. Have a lovely Sunday, hugs, Vaerie

Nancy Chan said...

Great shots of your dogs in action! Have a great Sunday!

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic page - I love your garden angels and I am thrilled about those photos! Super!
Wishing a wonderful Sunday and thanks so much for joining AJJ so often again dear Erika! You rock!
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

Every garden should have its angels to watch over it, its a fabulous page and your gelli backgrounds look great.
Super action photos of the dogs, they really look happy and enjoying themselves.
Yvonne xx

Gibby Frogett said...


Fab AJJ page - love the geli print background.
What a great way to cool off - the water looks so refreshing.
Loving seeing the fun you are having with this camera - and probably capturing memories that wouldn't otherwise be possible.
Enjoy your Sunday.... Gill xx

genie said...

I do hope your lovely garden angels really do have green thumbs. My Guardian has let me down in this area tho she is wonderful in others. Nice background for the piece and love the words you use. It makes me think of what Jim Kaine said yesterday about being strong. I m SO excited I have found your blog so a big thank you for your visit to mine. Your work is right up my alley and I LOVE it. It is the first thing in the morning so I am going to go back thru your older posts. I see that you love sewing as I do, and I like so much how you have listed the classes in your sidebar. Your link is heading for mine right now. Great visit. Have a wonderful weekend and week. Hugs from Genie in Virginia and still covered in Poison Ivey

Divers and Sundry said...

Perfect way to beat the heat! It looks very refreshing :)

denthe said...

oooh, those dogs are adorable! Looks like they're really enjoying themselves, I would've loved to see them in action :-)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page Erica! I Love the thought of angels in the garden watching over us. The lake looks so inviting and it's nice to see you and your dogs having so much fun, thanks for sharing! J :-)

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks pretty happy boating, so it's a good thing you've got those cute angels looking out for the garden. xox

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

blessings.....
nice shots.
great garden angels.

stay blessed.

Jeannette said...

great journal page,we all have angels in the garden :-)
your new header and the summer photos are wonderful,you have cute dogs and super boots.
love your page so much.
happy hot summer,here is very hot.


hugs jenny

~*~Patty S said...

Great take on the Garden theme.
Your angels page is really lovely!
You are taking some really fun and different pix with your water camera Erika! The under the tongues pic is a hoot.
oxo

Jeanie said...

I adore these photos of Maddie! She's magnificent and so are the photos! They just made me smile!