Thursday, October 13, 2016

Another Owl for AJJ

Thursday already. Second half of my 4 day work week begins :) Last night the group  I advise at school (the National Honor Society) had their induction ceremony. It was a lot of work and is a bit high profile with parents and school officials attending, but it went off nicely. Now we have a whopping 80 new members. The biggest its ever been at my school.
Glad that is done for the year. Between that and my husband's surgery (it will happen one of these days) my brain has been gelatin. I am half contemplating just taking a day off to stay home in an empty quiet house so I can get my thoughts back in order. But at least tonight when I get home from work I can go splash some paints around which will be a very good thing for my jelly brain. :)
So today I have another page for Art Journal Journey. Thanks Valerie for this great Indian Summer, Golden October theme.
I think this page needs a couple of bats flying into the moon. I always see things that need to be fixed once I put it up on the internet.  Maybe I'll go back and add some. Today I have another piece using my new owl stencil. This time I used a Gelli print for the background, which I then cut to give it those funky scalloped edges. I then attached that to some card stock and outlined it with a white marker. Finally I added the quote around the edge and some bronze autumn stickers.
Not the most in depth page I ever made but pretty good for the gelatin  brained lady.
Ha-ha.
Happy Thursday and thanks for visiting.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all those NHS students. You must be very proud.

Valerie-Jael said...

I wish I could send you one of my lazy days so you could relax. Glad the induction ceremony went off well, you really have a lot on your plate just now. LOVE your gorgeous journal page, I am in love with your owl! Thanks fr joining us again at AJJ. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A beautiful page Erika! Super! Thank you for another page to Valerie's theme and congrats on managing this big event! Sounds like it was a full success!
Hope you can calm down a bit and fingers crossed that the surgery can start soon !
oxo Susi

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the bats are in your head your life is so in flux. Wishing you some peace and quiet time. Great news about 80 kids, that good news these days. xox

Meggymay said...

I think you are in need of a relax day with all that is happening for you at this point in time. I wish I could wave a magic wand and send you some quiet days.
The journal page looks awesome and I have to love that wonderful owl.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's times like this I feel SO helpless. I would love to be able to do something nice for you right now that would take away some of that gelatin brain. Believe me, I have had those moments in my life, too.

You are getting a LOT out of that owl stencil. It looks so very authentic. It is wonderful and so full of life. You can at least be proud of this page, and breathe!

froebelsternchen said...

Happy start of the weekend to you !
Glad to hear the positve news about the surgery!
Finger crossed that it can start soon!♥♥♥

Faye said...

Love the background colors to your autumnal art, Erika. You must be at a school for geniuses! That's a huge number of kids getting into NHS! My HS only had Beta Club (maybe NHS wasn't even an entity then!) and only a few made it. Still remembering your dh in prayer. You have so much on your plate. It's enough to make one's brain go to jelly.

Let's Art Journal said...

Lovely page Erica! The scalloped edges are perfect especially with the writing running along the edge - love it! I think bats would be a nice addition too silhouetted against your orange autumn moon :-). You have had so much to think about lately, I'm so pleased your induction ceremony went so well - you're a star! A day off to relax and regroup sounds like a great idea. Sending you peaceful and restful thoughts and wishing you a happy and relaxing weekend! J :-)

minnemie said...

Wow, you do have a lot going on. Glad you could find some time to feed your creative side - art is such good therapy in stressful times! The colors are just gorgeous. Love your background!

Jeanie said...

That's a great stencil. I really am enjoying your owl series and seeing all the different looks you are creating.

You must have very good schools -- 80 NHS members seems like a large group -- so good for you. It's always good to get a big project like that under your belt and on to new things.

And yes, I think you deserve a rest!

Gibby Frogett said...

Thank goodness for art when things are hectic and stressful.
Your page is really beautiful, love the colours and I love your owl especially, he has lovely eyes.
Wishing you better days soon Erika... Gill xx