Friday, October 7, 2016

Apple Picking

Happy Friday everyone! I am ready for a little weekend time, especially since this is a long Columbus Day weekend for some here in the US. I also want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving weekend. I am also wishing safe times for all the people in the hurricane Matthew affected areas.
No kids today at school for me. We have a teacher work day and although meetings aren't my favorite thing I am hoping I can squeeze a little work. I don't know if I'll be back to school on Tuesday or if my hubby will finally get his surgery so I need to get prepared just in case. (And maybe that is jinxing the surgery-I hope not.)
So here's a journal page for Friday. Indian Summer is all about apple picking.  Its a great thing to do on a beautiful autumn day.
I went apple picking a couple of Sunday's ago with my daughter, and I used the empty apple bag to make my page, although I did play with the apple images a bit. :) 
There's nothing better than a fresh picked apple.
I did hand cut the little basket and make the apples in it.  I added some fall leaf stickers from my stash, along with some little metal brass maple leaves I had.
I am linking up to Art Journal Journey. This month Valerie is hosting with this fun theme of Indian Summer or Golden October. 
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
And thanks for visiting my post.

14 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful cheery page Erica! It sounds like you had fun apple picking and your page is a wonderful reminder of the time you spent with your daughter on a sunny autumn day - perfect! It's great you re-used the bag and I love the basket weave in the backgound, those pretty fall leaf stickers and the little metal brass maple leaf and sequins - gorgeous! Wishing you a happy Friday and great weekend! J :-)

froebelsternchen said...

An amazing page ! Yes freshhand oicked apples are wonderful - I am sorry that we had none this year - but it's o.k.- maybe next year again!
Happy weekend - fingers crossed that the waitingtime to the surgery ends finally!

oxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your page for Indian summer - apple picking is really a wonderful and seasonal work. Have a good weekend, and hope all goes well with the OP on Tuesday. Thanks again for joining us at AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

It's apple season here. I'm a honey crisp girl! Maybe this would be a good weekend for a crisp!

Enjoy your weekend, Erika! Oh, and thanks for the very kind words on the art post!

Meggymay said...

First of all the apple looks crisp and delicious. Its a fantastic journal page that you made with the bag.
have a good weekend
Yvonne xx

Faye said...

Great journal page with happy apples! And the photo of the apple is scrumptious! Makes my mouth water. I hope the weekend refreshes you and things calm down a bit. You are still in my thoughts and prayers for successful heart surgery for your dh and subsequent transplant surgery. Try to do something fun for yourself so you don't wear out. I know what it is like to care for a very sick husband.

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never had a fresh-picked apple. I like the texture in your page. It stands out even on my computer :)

Christine said...

Lovely apple picking inspired page Erika!

Oh I use watercolour pencils, which I brush with a bit of water and the colours become brighter, fyi.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had forgotten about apple picking being an autumn inspired art event. This was a genuine joy.

I'll be thinking about you and your husband, as I hope the surgery happens. It would be devastating for both of you if it didn't. I'm pretty sure all your readers feel the same as I.

Gibby Frogett said...

Fabulous apple inspired page (love that basket) the apples look delicious... wondering if they were just for eating or maybe to be made into pies, chutney .... or cider :)
Hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend and that things go to plan next week. Gill xx

Krisha said...

Very creative page.....I do like apple picking....that bite looks so juicy !MMMMMMM!

denthe said...

such a cute journalpage :-) And that apple looks yummy!

Sadie´sGedankenfülle said...

is autumn glory is simply incredibly fascinating. Thanks for the great pictures and wonderful page.
Greetings Sadie

Jeanie said...

Apple picking is always fun! And I love apple crisp so this is a great cooking series! what did you make from all those?