Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Big Pumpkin

It is almost Halloween, and with my as of late owl kick, I haven't made very many Halloween pages. But I do have one from my Halloween journal for you. Its a giant pumpkin.
The pumpkin is painted by me, and then I added some die cuts and stickers. I also stamped the quote, which is one of my favorites for this holiday.
I am linking up to Valerie's Indian Summer challenge at Art Journal Journey. Just a couple more days left to post. Wow- where has October gone?
So today is the hubby's birthday. I asked him earlier this week what he wanted to do, since it is his day, and he said finish cleaning up the yard. It doesn't sound much like I would pick on my birthday, but if it makes him happy, we can do that. (And we should finish up everything except raking, which needs to be done but there's still all those oak leaves to come down.) I did manage to twist the hubby's arm and tell him I would take him out for breakfast. I think I want to go more than him so I can have another mug of their yummy coco, as I showed you the other day on T for Tuesday. We were invited to a Halloween party tonight, but not sure he'll want to go, which is fine. I like a good Halloween party but not sure I am up for the whole thing right now myself either. Whatever he would like. It is his day. :)
Hope you have a happy Saturday.

9 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

Having a quiet birthday would suit me fine, too :) I hope it's a fun day for you both.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your yummy Halloween piece, thanks for another lovely page for AJJ. Have a nice weekend, whatever you decide to do or not, and if you get that cocoa, drink one for me, too! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

It's HIS day and I hope he enjoys it !
Your pumpkin page is super.. the orange against the green looks teriffic!
Thank you for sharing it with AJJ Erika!
Hope your Sunday will be super as well!
I would not love to go now to a Halloweenparty either.
Here is one special giant party special on the 31th in our village - but not sure if I will visit.. it's more for the generation of my daughter I think! At least last year they enjoyed it.
oxo Susi

Anonymous said...

Lots of giant pumpkins around including in Hannaford in York, which had a guess the weight contest. Yours is pretty creepy with the spiders....xox

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LOVE your big pumpkin and the spooky spiders, too. Lovely.

Wish hubby a happy birthday and accept whatever his choice is, even if it's not your first choice. You two think so much alike, though, I'm sure you'll both enjoy each others' company regardless.

BTW, I'm not raking any more leaves until the last one has blown off every tree in my neighborhood!!!

Meggymay said...

Love the giant pumpkin you painted on the fantastic page and I like that quote as well.
I hope your husband had a good Birthday and you both had a super day.
Yvonne xx

Rike said...

Great pumpkin - and the little pumpkin-snowman too! And I love the little witch riding behind.

NatureFootstep said...

a pumpkin snowman at the bottom, way cool, love it!

Jeanie said...

Very cute pumpkin and I hope the birthday celebration was wonderful. I have to finish putting the garden to bed today. Last thing I want to do, but the temp is supposed to drop and today -- 70! I'll take it!