Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Perspective is a Little Weird

Happy Tuesday everyone.
I  am stopping by with a post for this week's T for Tuesday . Way back a month ago, over our long Labor Day weekend, one of my friends who lives in North Carolina came north for a little visit. We took her out in our boat, anchored by the beach, and had margaritas and some snacks.
I made this page in my journal about the day. I think my perspective is a little off as I would have had to have been standing and had to be very tall to get this view. I am not tall at all-just 5 feet/ 1.5 meters. You can see the rock jetty and a little bit of the beach in the background on my journal page, along with our little table and out picnic.
Here's my friend Ina and the hubby. Along with our snacks and our margaritas.
It was a gorgeous day, but not really all that warm. Anchored in the harbor by the little beach though it was warm and calm so we could have lots of catching up.
 Here's the full 2 pages of my journal with the picnic spread on the right.
And since it is a new month, there's a great new theme at Art Journal Journey. Its Indian Summer/Autumn, hosted by the talented Valerie.
I made this page.
I got this cool owl stencil recently on a mark down table. I love it. I stenciled him with pint and then used some water soluble crayons to color him. Then I painted the moon and added paint to make his eyes pop. After that dried I cut him out and attached him to this background that I made.
This moon is one of those big autumn harvest moons. They are always so beautiful.
And be sure to stop by Try It On Tuesday. I am linking up my owl with this big harvest moon as the the theme is all about the night sky-moon and stars.
So stop by Art Journal Journey and maybe even join in with this challenge.
And don't forget to stop by Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to see what the T Gang has been up to.
So the hubby went back to see the heart surgeon yesterday regarding his rash and his heart surgery. Poor guy. They want him to wait another week. Health issues are so frustrating sometimes.
Otherwise life is keeping me busy.
Thanks for visiting.

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I Love both of your works of art today, and the photos. That owl is gorgeous, it was a good buy. Glad you were able to have a fun time with your friends. Thanks for joining us again at Ajj; AND HAPPY t dAY; HUGS; vALERIE

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had NO idea you were that short. You have me beat by 1/2", since I'm 4' 11 1/2". So NO SHORT JOKES allowed!

Looks like you had a fun time with your friend Ina and a good time with the dogs, too.

Love that owl stencil and how nice you had a post that included both TioT and AJJ. I haven't thought of one for Valerie's theme yet. Love that stamp you used, though.

Thanks for sharing your art, including your adorable margarita art with us for T this Tuesday. Enjoyed the photos of the margaritas, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention I feel for both you and Dave as you play the waiting game on his heart surgery which he is going to need before the transplant. I don't know how he holds up as well as he does (at least when you show photos of him).

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just saw your question about Sully. Aside from the fact I can't sree what all the fuss over IMAX is, this was the best movie I've seen in years and years and years. More next week.











froebelsternchen said...

I love your photos and the pages you made about this day! Your friend looks happy and the snacks and margaritas look very nice! This would be something for me as well!
Your owl page is fantastic - I say """Thank You""" very much in the name of TioT's and Art Journal Journey!
Just 5 feet but oho!!!
I am 1,66 m
not very tall at all.

Happy T-Day my friend!
oxo Susi

Krisha said...

Hope your hubby is hanging in there and recovering well, some time it just takes a bit longer....will keep him in prayers.

I think you "day on the boat" journal page is super and creative. What a wonderful way to spend time with hubby and friend.

Happy T-day

johanna said...

Really Looks like a great time out! and i just love this autumnal owl page.
happy t-day!

Linda Kunsman said...

such a lovely vision depicting your fun day by the sea! Love your autumn owl page too. Wishing all the best for your hubby. Happy T day!

jinxxxygirl said...

Love the artwork you have created here my T friend. That owl spread is amazing! So glad you could spend time catching up with a friend. Nice when that happens isn't it??? I'd be afraid i'd get seasick!!! Happy happy tday!! Hugs! deb

sheila 77 said...

I love the owl, he looks like a young owl with a quizzical look in his eye (am I supposed to be catching something?).
Great journal pages showing the spirit of the outing. I like the bird's eye view of your picnic - maybe you floated about just for a minute using your artistic (flying) license.
Bad luck for your husband, maybe better luck the third time?

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a lovely setting for a picnic and magaritas - yummy! It looks like you had great weather and company too. Your journal pages are awesome, the notes page is a great idea and you've captured such happy memories! I love your owl page and the big autumn harvest moon - beautiful! The saying really made me smile, I've never heard that one before and I like the way you repeated it as part of the background - I love it! I hope your hubby's health issues clear up for next week and wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

Meggymay said...

I love the photos and journal pages. The fist seems like a bids eye view setting a wonderful scene for the happy day out you all had together. The Owl is fantastic and I am pleased you have shared it with us over at TioT's as well.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Lula said...

Love your take on our theme! The owl is great! Thanks for sharing your work with us over at TIOT this time.

~*~Patty S said...

Sorry I missed T last week.
Still playing catch up after being unplugged for a bit.
Looks like you had a fun and memorable time "on" the water with your friends.
Your harvest moon and owl are so autumnal AND the stamp is such a great saying. It does seem to happen POOF just like that.
Thinking of your husband and sending all good wishes your way.
oxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Missed T last week so I am only just catching up with some favourite blogs! Looks like a good picnic - I love Hummus! Your page has certainly captured the view! I adore your owl and the funny quote you have used!
I hope your hubby gets sorted soon! Thank you for linking to Try It On Tuesday too! Hugs, Chrisx