Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Little Bit Old Fashion

Hi everyone. Tuesday we had a snow day. It was just messy but luckily there was no school. Then they say we have a warmer day on tap for Wednesday, before a second but much bigger storm comes on Thursday. I am guessing if the weather people are correct we won't be having school Thursday since they are saying maybe even a foot (30 centimeters) of snow.
What  week! The long range forecast says more snow Saturday and then again Sunday night. 
But that's still too many days off to really know what to believe..
So Linda has picked a fantastic theme over at Art Journal Journey. Its 50 shades of red, so here's my take.
And I just found out that there is a new theme at Moo Mania. It's music. And since I have some music on my page I am going to add this to their link up also. 
I had this great piece of red plaid paper. Then I use some other paper scraps from my scrap bin. I also added the stamped woman, some German gold paper, a little paint, some plastic hearts, and a molded paper clay tag.
So I still  have a few photos from  last Saturday's road trip to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library that I didn't yet show you. If you missed the first post yu can check it out here Road Trip Saturday .
Today its all about JFK's wife, first lady Jackie Bouvier Kennedy (later Onassis).
Sorry about the glare on some of the photos-,museum lighting.
 A couple of her outfits.
Very classic early 1960's.
One of her painted closet doors from the White House. Its trompe l'oeil style.
And they even had a scrapbook she made back in her college days.
And here's some jewelry she was gifted when visiting Mexico as first lady.
And if that's not a nice gift, how about this gifted gold purse from Morocco?
Maybe a little over the top for day to day use though! :)
And this is a table seating arrangement for some state affair. I think it would make a great journal page background.  Or maybe a stamped image.
So hope its not as wintery where you are as it is here.
Thanks for visiting today.


13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your AJJ entry is wonderful. Sounds like you took advantage of the day to create a beautiful journal page. The stamped image and hearts were wonderful additions.

Jackie was a beautiful woman, who I thought got even more beautiful as she aged. That is something most women can't carry off. Too bad she died too soon.

Enjoyed the dinner seating chart, but didn't see Jackie's name on there. It was a lovely tribute to her, though, because from everything I've read about her, she had so much class.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful page and the photos. Lovely to see all those artifacts from Jacquie Kennedy. I wonder what Trump's wife would get as a present if he visited Mexico?! That gold purse is fantastic. Have a nice day, take care in the snow, hugs, Valerie

Sharon Fritchman said...

I absolutely LOVED your photos taken at the JKF Presidential Library! Jackie's sense of style was fabulous, and I really liked her scrapbook, too! I also love your gorgeous work of art made for AJJ! So creative and beautiful!

CJ Kennedy said...

Love the red plaid paper. Jackie had such style and grace. The gold bag wouldn't be much use day to day, but what a statement as an evening bag. I especially loved the seating arrangement written in beautiful Copperplate. Did you know the White House employs 3 full time calligraphers?

Enjoy the warm temps for today and your snow day tomorrow. Doesn't sound like anyone will be moving around much tomorrow other than shoveling snow.

~*~Patty S said...

The table seating chart IS brilliant and you're so right Erika.
How interesting to see your photos (I will have to try and catch up with you and check out your road trip post too...our 71 degree day yesterday distracted me from the computer!)
Your page has a wonderful Scottish feel to it and is lovely with all the details. That German scrap sure is dimensional and pretty too.
Stay safe and cozy in the snow.
We still haven't gotten more than a couple of snow showers this winter.
I am waiting for a nice blanket of white stuff ♥
oxo

Divers and Sundry said...

What classic style! I love how the presidential libraries include some personal items and displays as well as more historic ones.

froebelsternchen said...

This is a stunningly BEAUTIFUL page Erika!
Great!
Thank you very much for joining Art Journal Journey again!
Much appreciated !
This exhibition is really great , I am happy you shared the photos!
This winter is really hard - here as well. We had snow again on Monday and it's still cold and no spring in sight
and they say it will maybe come another load of snow...would love to take a little break of winter - hope we will get a nice spring then!
At least our shopping tour was good ---
we enjoyed it , but now I am happy to be at home again and a bit sorry about not having visited the lovely art exhibition I wanted to see.
Not enough time left.

oxo Susi

Jeanie said...

I love the theme this month. It's perfect for February and I really love your page.

And I especially love your visit to the library. Those fashions are wonderful. I'd love to see them in person!

Little Artbee said...

Gold fashion is ever very decorative and your page looks great. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos of the Jacky Museum.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous page for AJJ, but this time I have been drawn to gaze at the photos and the wonderful displays of Jackie's clothes and jewelry. It must have been great to see them up close.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous journal page Erika! And besides being partial to red, I am partial to plaids:) Lucky you to see the exhibit in person. That Jackie O was one classy lady. Thanks for joining in again at AJJ!
We had a record 62 degrees today:):):) -yet the prediction is for 30 degrees colder and with up to 10 Inches of snow tomorrow...WHAT???

froebelsternchen said...

♥♥♥
Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More ♥♥♥
Much appreciated ♥♥♥

S U S I

Rosie said...

A really wonderful page and I like your photos

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE