Friday, February 3, 2017

Hearts and Flowers

Happy weekend everyone. Hope you have something interesting or fun on your agenda for the weekend. Or maybe nothing at all on your agenda-which can be really good too. :)
I didn't have a lot of art time this past week with new classes at school and other things going on,
but I did want to participate with an entry to  Try It On Tuesday. The latest theme is hearts and flowers, so that's what I have to show you.
I am also linking up to Art Journal Journey, where the theme this month is 50 shades of red, hosted by Linda. I think its a great theme for February with Valentine's Day and just the general lack of color outside (at least here in my neck of the woods). Red is so warm and vibrate it puts life back into even the coldest days. I think you can call pink a shade of red, because it is red with lots of white added to it. 
If not, then I am sure I will find out. :)
My page is very traditional and romantic. I doodled and painted the heart, used lots of tissue paper and stamped images, as well as making these hand cut and painted leaves. The flowers are molded using some paper clay, and I added some little bits and bobs to finish off the page.
So I got to go back to college today and attend a symposium about various ocean research projects. It was a mix of biology, chemistry, geology and engineering. I really enjoyed it. What a great change from being in a high school classroom. I needed some real science  for a change! 
Not sure what I am doing this weekend, BUT Sunday evening is the Superbowl. Its always exciting when you local team is playing.  
Enjoy your weekend.




14 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderfully romantic page. I especially love the couple peeking behind the flowers and leaves. Glad you enjoyed the symposium. Bet you'll have lots of ideas to share with your students. Have a great weekend and Hooray for our team!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your journal page is gorgeous. Linda picked a wonderful theme, didn't she? I adore your page and how it echos your blog header for the month.

Your symposium sound wonderful. I would love to attend an ocean research symposium, but since I don't live within a 1000 miles of any ocean, I doubt I would ever have any use for it, except for my own personal knowledge.

I'll be rooting for Atlanta because #73 is a hometown player. Yep, he's from a Wichita suburb, and we are very proud of him. He's been tackling since he was 6. We may not win, but I'll be shouting loud and giving it my best. Of course, I may be in the minority since at least two of my friends may be for that other team (grin).

chrissie said...

This is a very romantic page Erika.

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous, colourful piece for both challenges, thanks for joining us at TIOT! In winter we need bright colours so much. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I love your romantic page - great with this 3d flowers - for me pink is defintely a cousin of red- but o.k. some people see all this in a completely different way- hubby told me these days that MAGENTA is no red in his mind...oh oh...

You have made them by yourself with the paperclay?! Wow!
Sounds like it was interesting at the symposium! Enjoy your weekend and the Superbowl!
I will spend 4 days in Vienna next week and looking forward to a special museum I want to visit with my daughter, just in case she has time enough for that besides being shopping queen.

Thank you very much for being with us again at Art Journal Journey and Try It On Tuesday dear Erika! Much appreciated!
oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Your page is so romantic with all the beautiful hearts and flowers! By the way I love your new header too - perfect for February! We have a busy week next week so a quiet weekend, the sun is shining today so we are off for a long walk along the beach :-). Then I plan to do some crafting this afternoon and I should really tidy my craft room ... lol :-). Superbowl is televised here in the UK (in the middle of the night) so I'm excited to watch the game too - Go Pats! Have a great weekend! J :-)

sheila 77 said...

This is tremendous, Erika, so vibrant and full of life. I love the way the cropped version appears in your header, doesn't that work well!
I also like your definition of pink.
Enjoy watching the Superbowl.

Linda Kunsman said...

oh love is definitely in the air here! Beautiful page Erika. Thanks for joining in at AJJ. Have a great weekend!

Krisha said...

Love the bright and cheery page.

Carola Bartz said...

I love red as well, it is such a vibrant color! Your artwork is beautiful and just perfect for this month of love.
Enjoy the Superbowl.

Jeanie said...

Loving all your pink prettiness in this!

I can tell you're having a wonderful weekend because I am reading backwards. I'm settling in today with my PBS faves and some painting after a trip to the market this afternoon. I don't do football much but I will say, Go Pats!

Meggymay said...

A loving and romantic page. Thank you for joining us over at TioT's.
Yvonne

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous page Erika, love the images, so romantic.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! So romantic…I love it! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx